corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » can anyone make any sense to this.........

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author can anyone make any sense to this.........
JUGGA

User status: Offline
   30th Oct 04 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right this has happened twice now in the space of 3 months but the last time was 2 days ago and this is what happend....

was driving my car to work at 6:30am all fine... 10 mins into the drive car was ticking kinda loud ish(i put oil in it day before as it was abit low) 20 mins into the drive still doing it.... so i hit a dual carriagway way and thought i would put my foot down... end of dual carriagway the noise had gone?? the last 10 mins drive to work was normal with no noise????

the time before that i was on my way home from work when it was ticking... stopped at a garage and bought some oil(duno why i just guessed it was that) topped it up then noise had gone..

please tell me i topped up to much oil last time?? but if i did how come it didnt make the noise when i drove it after i topped it up?

i hope my tappets or bottom end aint going....? what do you guys think to this??

oh and thought i would mention... my car used to kinda tap/tip everytime istarted it but i changed the alternator(as i thought the noise was coming from that) and it was fine every start up after that...
JUGGA

30th Oct 04 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also could it be oil pump? i think i still have a noise very very little noise where the water pumpe should be...
tec

30th Oct 04 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine do you have in the car ? x12xe x10xe
Adam-D

30th Oct 04 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it was oil pump the oil light would come on coz the oil pressure would drop

water pump woudbe a rumbling noise and it would leak water

it could be that its cold? with the weather changing

JUGGA

30th Oct 04 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.4 8v ....

maybe adam but woudnt it do that soon as i start up? not after driving for 10 mins??
Corsa^Dan

30th Oct 04 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hydrolic (sp) tappet??? if they get "dry" thewy tap i beleave
Visionz

30th Oct 04 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a 1.2 8v and my tappets rattle, its just a rattly little engine. You can either remove the cams and sort it or live with a bit of a tap.
JUGGA

30th Oct 04 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm but randomly tap every few months for 10 mins??? must be just dry?? cat explain it tho if it was dry why dont it do it on start up? why 10 mins into driving it...
Adam-D

31st Oct 04 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when its next service try flushing the engine
wynns engie flush then put new oil and filter in
Corsa^Dan

31st Oct 04 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm dunno tbh :/ when i put my new engine in mine it was fine for a few days, did 15mins of driving got into lincoln and it started tapping like on old fiesta! stopped went for a meal came back out and it was fine. coouldnt work it out it aint done it since

New Poll