corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car lower on one side than the other............

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car lower on one side than the other............
Nath

User status: Offline
7th Sep 03 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by The Guru
Sh!te springs

[Edited on 07-09-2003 by The Guru]

What??
The Guru

7th Sep 03 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like shit springs.. get a new set
Nath

7th Sep 03 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your wrong then mate
Makarus

7th Sep 03 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The theory is that dampers affect the damping rate of the car, they have nothing to do with ride height. The springs are their for all the ride height. They are what take the load its just the damper is there for the softer ride hopefully.

[Edited on 07-09-2003 by Makarus]
TOMAS

8th Sep 03 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"My passenger side front damper was soooooooo fucked the piston rod had gone into itself and the bumbstop had left the piston rod and mounted the actually shock unit." I do not understand what you mean by the piston rod had gone into itself? Basically what you are saying is that your car was sitting in the bumptops, a bumpstop failed and therfore it lowered your car. That is not the dampers fault my friend! The ONLY way a shagged damper could effect ride height is if the front lower springpan had bent downwards which ive NEVER heard of OR the damper had in someway siezed which I also have never heard of. Its fair to say I have had more suspension set-ups than most on my corsa, from standard springs to avo 40's, 60's, spax 60's, gmax dampers, avo dampers, spax psx dampers and now running spax coilovers. I have also had many combinations of the mentioned. Springs effect ride height NOT dampers, if you fit too short a spring to youre dampers then your car will just be bottomed out, not suspension by definition lol
Nath

8th Sep 03 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the coil was fully compressed onto the damper and seeing as the damper was half its size i think i'm fucking right mate!! FFS its my car and i know what i saw and i also know what i'm talking about! The bumpstop was not sitting on the piston rod, is was on the red metal. Hence why my car WAS lower! My springs and dampers are PERFECTLY matched! Jesus mate i know what i'm talking about!
TOMAS

9th Sep 03 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but you are not very clear in explaining things!! I cant make any sense of what you have written above?? "Red Metal" - Shock body?? "The coil was fully compressed onto the damper and seeing as the damper was half its size" - cant make any sense of what you are on about their, your damper shrunk in the rain? Seeing something and understanding something are two completely different concepts.
Nath

9th Sep 03 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You clearly do not have an immagination and clearly cannot picture what a damper looks like.
Nath

9th Sep 03 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your also a twat who knows their wrong.
TOMAS

10th Sep 03 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath you were the iddiot asking questions to begin with! Simply your bumpstop failed and you have shit springs as The Guru said. Dont critise people who are trying to help you, you nob! Grow up
carnoisseurcraig

10th Sep 03 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a shock CAN lower a car.

My mate stuck nova gsi koni adjustables on his corsa gsi and it was on the DECK.

Now it was only a 40mm drop. with the std bumper and std sort of splitter he had to watch every bump he went over.

Kenni

10th Sep 03 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines lower on the passenger side than the drivers
The Guru

10th Sep 03 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy yourself some bilsteins!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll