corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What are bump stops?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What are bump stops?
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 03 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car is in the body shop and Ihave just been on the phone to them, thay are spraying my new back bumper and putting in a plate recess also a dent in the front wing which some @rse decided to put in. Also my rear arches have been catching the tyres and grinding the rubber off, the body shop said they were going to try and grind off the edge but it was not that that was causing it it was the bolts holding the kit on, so he has fitted bump stops and cattied the arches on I think what does this mean cos he said the back end might be a lot firmer cos it wont go up and down as much as before? sorry for the long thread people any help is appreciated, Regards Paul...
broster
Premium Member

22nd Dec 03 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump stops go on the suspension and they stop the car traveling all the way down, i.e. itll hit the bumpstops, this means there may be less travel if he has fitted bigger bumpstops
Karnage Corsa

22nd Dec 03 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah I get it now mate how much will they set me back then mate ? cheers
Karnage Corsa

22nd Dec 03 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So does this mean I could actually go lower than what I am now then, I am only the original height for the GSI which is something like 10 - 15mm on the back but I have 17's and on the passenger side it looks low as fcuk but not as much on the drivers side, yet the front does need lowering a good bit as it has not been lowered yet, thanks Paul...
broster
Premium Member

22nd Dec 03 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they aint expencive
TOMAS

22nd Dec 03 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ bumpstops are the yellow things. They alter how low the car will go during compression of the shocks.

New Poll