corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bump-stops

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bump-stops
RichSxi

User status: Offline
10th Oct 03 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok this might sound like a dumb question - but where abouts do the bump stops fit - ive just got my new KONI Sports lowering kit (adjustable), and i dont know where the free bump stops fit........ anybody able to tell me?
TOMAS

11th Oct 03 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They slide down around the piston rod and sit on top of the damper body.
CORSA-TD

14th Oct 03 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the very same kit, and like you i asked myself the vey same question? They fit directly onto the shalft or rod of the shock, then the dust cap goes over that...... Anyway there in the car about 3 months, and i was checking them over today, and i noticed that the drivers one was completely busted and split in two down the middle!!!!!
I dont no how this happened, as the passanger side is fine!!!!
Also, i found the suspension very hard, and this is even at the lowest setting!!!!! So me is very confused and not very happy with the kit, considering i paid a lot of dosh for it!!!!!!!
Anybody else had a problem or a similar thing with this kit????
RichSxi

15th Oct 03 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi m8, i have the kit fitted now, and was at first confused as to where the bump stops fit.

Just out of curiosity how much did you pay for your kit?
CORSA-TD

18th Oct 03 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi again, i paid nearly £400 stg all in, which worked out about nearly 600 euro's..... Have you had any problem's yet? How do you find it on the road, hard or soft?!!
RichSxi

18th Oct 03 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i paid £330 for it, - about 490 euro's, i find that even on the lowest setting that it is a little harder than usual.
The Guru

19th Oct 03 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you didnt want the suspension hard you should have stuck with standard! course its firmer!

Top banannas!
CORSA-TD

23rd Oct 03 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh well, there's firm and there's firm!!!!
When your rolling on 17"s and 40 mil Yokohama's, and droped 40mm
and your doing nearly the ton down a back road, trying to stay ahead of your mate, u'd kinda want them to work well, and work well at that.......
Considering that they cost enough!!!!!!
DC

26th Oct 03 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doing nearly a ton down back roads on 17's, ya braver than me, . If ya wanted to drive it lik that ya would hav been better on 15's. Dont get me wrong a lowered n stiffend Corsa can handle fairly well but u wil only get away with back road blasts on 17's for so long!!!!

Of course u may b a fantastic driver n get away with it, lol

New Poll