corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » camshaft sensor

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author camshaft sensor
M559 WOW

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 04 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im currently in the process of puttin a x16xe engine in my corsa sri (1400 8v), and im just wondering wether i need to keep the camshaft sensor fitted to the engine as im hoping to run it on twin carbs and in turn hoping to be able to run the engine on my existing loom, with minor mods done to it.
cheers for any advise
jon
miles

2nd Oct 04 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting.

I think your going to need to run a after market ignition system as the standard management with dispack will most probably have a fit without any of the sensors etc fitted.

You could try and fit a dizzy system to it, no idea how that might work though tbh.

If your not putting the x16xe ecu near it you wont need the cam sensor.
ed

2nd Oct 04 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You either need to run something like an Alpha Silver kit or you need some carbs and a Nova ignition system from an early Nova which had carbs, Thats all I know really - I don't know what stuff you need e.t.c... But you wont need the crankshaft sensor when you get it up and running...
miles

3rd Oct 04 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitting the dizzy to a 16xe 16v head will require some work.

All the engine management suppliers sell ignition only systems, not particulary cheap, and will need mapping.
M559 WOW

3rd Oct 04 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite ok, i have the donar car still so have access to the loom still, i just didnt want the hassle of having to rip it out the gsi and put it in mine!, but do people thnk it might be the easiest way in the long run??
miles

3rd Oct 04 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes.

You also need to add the immobilser loom.

Although if you want to fit twin carbs now is the time to do so.
ed

3rd Oct 04 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by miles
Fitting the dizzy to a 16xe 16v head will require some work.

All the engine management suppliers sell ignition only systems, not particulary cheap, and will need mapping.

The Webber kit is a full DIY kit... Acutally, looking a it they only do them for the C20XE... Never mind.
M559 WOW

4th Oct 04 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i was wanting to put it on carbs but it looks like i will have to follow the crowd and stay on injection!lol even tho i was looking at the donar car today and noticed little problems like it doesnt have elec mirrors or windows etc wheras mine does, so duno how im guna get past that one!
ed

4th Oct 04 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TB's are better though... Carbs are old news and you'll end up being sick of them after the car doesn't start on a couple of cold mornings and you have to adjust the mixtures all the time to keep it running sweet.
ainsley_brader

4th Oct 04 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the engine loom and car loom are separate
M559 WOW

4th Oct 04 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wel yes this is a point ive been thnkin about alot but it all comes dwn to money in the end and i have a set of carbs on another car here already and cant afford TB's!!

New Poll