corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » timing sensor

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author timing sensor
sri_tastic

User status: Offline
7th Aug 03 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does anyone know how much a new sensor is for a corsa B, my car is pinking again and iv been told that this is the problem apparently it has to go on a computer aswell and not just put in to have it set up???
Gambit

7th Aug 03 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u have an 8v or 16v?
Greasemonkey

7th Aug 03 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe they told you it needs to go on the computer to reset the ecu which you can do your self depending on what year your car is the ecu is non programmable
miles

7th Aug 03 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess this is the crankshaft sensor? Or maybe camshaft sensor if its a 16v?

They are about £40 each I believe. If they are the problem then they will just plug in and solve the problem. If it is either of these the car will run very roughly.
sri_tastic

7th Aug 03 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the garage said it was a timing sensor i think. its an sri 8v. cheers for the help so far lads
Gambit

7th Aug 03 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

afaik u dont have a knock sensor on an 8v, they only came on the ecotecs

might just be something stupid like the RON plug being in upside down

do u know about the RON plug? and also what fuel do u use? unleaded, super or optimax, and have you just changed the fuel type

basically the RON plug has to settings 95 for unleaded & 98 for super unleaded, this allows the ECU to adjust the mixture

miles

7th Aug 03 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knock sensor wouldn't make it pink because if it was faulty/unplugged the ECU would go to a safe setting. Not that the 8v's have them....

I've never heard of a timing sensor tbh.

New Poll