corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » knocking on the drivers side suspension!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author knocking on the drivers side suspension!
1600power

User status: Offline
27th Sep 04 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right this has been happening both before and after i changed my shocks so its defo not a strut/spring problem!

Basicully at low end speed I can hear this sort of clunking noise and it is only coming from the drivers side of the car, had the wheel off and can see no sign of metal banging on metal etc and the bushes look ok apart from the anti-roll bar ones which look tbh a bit shit but then again i dont think there ever going to be any good due to shit design!

Has any1else had this problem and managed to get it sorted or know what it might be or where to look?

Thanks in advance!

[Edited on 27-09-2004 by 1600power]
AK

27th Sep 04 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it def coming from suspension?

Or does it do it if rolling on a flat? Does it do it both in and out of gear?

Could be a driveshaft/cv issue
mike_1.2LS96

27th Sep 04 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This happened on my car, which failed the mot on.

It was a clunking sound when braking or turning sharply at low speed.

Caused by the pin/bolt that holds the suspension arm to the chassis being not tight enough. IIRC its a 17mm bolt so just chuck a big breaker bar on the bolt.

Jack up the side of the car, and have someone pull on the wheel and look at the suspension to see where it is moving.
MoNkEy MaGiC

27th Sep 04 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a similair problem, been getting this sort of quick "single click sound or somtimes a double click-click" sound from my drivers side for the past year and it has slowly gotten worse!!
can only really hear it if radio is off!

it only happens when i go over a bumps or uneven roads or when one side of the car is higher than the other e.g when i dont go over a bump directly in the middle! i took the wheel of and had look around and everything "seems" ok???
1600power

27th Sep 04 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Kindness
is it def coming from suspension?

Or does it do it if rolling on a flat? Does it do it both in and out of gear?

Could be a driveshaft/cv issue

yer its defo coming from the suspension area but this is obviously where the driveshaft is to. It only seems to happen at low speeds, pretty certain it needs an uneven road before it starts to make a noise aswell.
1600power

27th Sep 04 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bttt
5doormodder

28th Sep 04 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a similar problem only until yesterday i realised that my air filter had worked slightly loose and was nocking off the car metal. this also only made a noise when i was in low gears. i.e pulling away etc

check and make sure yours is secured properly, because it could be somthing as stupid as that !
1600power

28th Sep 04 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 5doormodder
I had a similar problem only until yesterday i realised that my air filter had worked slightly loose and was nocking off the car metal. this also only made a noise when i was in low gears. i.e pulling away etc

check and make sure yours is secured properly, because it could be somthing as stupid as that !

omg ur a legend! my mounting holding my airfilter in place has snapped lol!

But I will get it repaired and will no longer have that bastard knocking sound!

New Poll