corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Removing my calipers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removing my calipers
Recaro1

User status: Offline
13th Aug 04 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to take my calipers off tomorrow as the brakes are squeking and I've been told to put copper grease on the backs of the pads and the sliders.

I'm sure there is a nut that in the haynes manual says you need to replace after removing. Can I re use the nut? or do I need to get a new one from somewhere?

Cheers
Gazz

13th Aug 04 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it is just a case of taking the calliper of to change pads, etc then you can use the existing nut.
suchcorsa1.2_8v

13th Aug 04 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did this about 2 weeks ago. In the haynes manual it tells you that you need to replace the bolt but you dont need to. There are 4 bolts you need to remove altogether. i think 2 are 7mm bolts and 2 are 10mm. The 7mm ones are alright as they have dust covers on them. But the 2 remaining 10 mm ones are a biatch to get off as mine had rusted over. But no you dont need to replace the bolts. (sorry bout the essay)
Big Col

13th Aug 04 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for removing pads and calipers you only need to remove the 2 x 7mm bolts. It's only if the discs are to be removed/replaced that the 2 x 10mm bolts need to come off.

Haynes advise the 2 x 10mm bolts should be renewed but I queried this with my local vaux dealer who said they just used the same ones. I've changed my discs 3 times and I'm still using all the same bolts.

btw when I say 7mm and 10mm i'm referrring to the size of allen key required to fit the head of the bolt

New Poll