corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What a GLS is?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What a GLS is?
corsa c14se

User status: Offline
12th May 03 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody know what GLS is?
I've got an opel corsa b 1.4 8v,the one with the 82hp and it is mentioned as GLS on the tech manuals.Is it the samething like say Gsi?
It originally had the c14se engine,both antiroll bars and 13'' steelies when I bought it a few years ago off some chick...

[Edited on 13-05-2003 by corsa c14se]

[Edited on 13-05-2003 by corsa c14se]
Dav

12th May 03 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GLS is the spec of your car, like LS or CDX etc.
GLS is supposed to be a high spec model, it'll have a good interior spec with most of the optional extras included on the car.
But it's not a sports model like a GSi.
corsa c14se

12th May 03 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok I( see.Thanks
Blazer

12th May 03 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the GLS has the Same engine has the SRI 8v MPI, thats why it has 82bhp instred of the 60 bhp the 1.4 8v spi has
Dav

12th May 03 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My GLS is a 65bhp 1.2 16v
Most of the GLS's I see are all 55bhp 1.0 12v's, with one or two 1.4 16v's too. That's all post97 ones tho.
I'm not sure what the pre97's were, or what the Corsa C GLS's are available as.
Kris TD

12th May 03 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa b gls, pre 97 was 1.4 mpi, 1.5 td, 1.4 16v, then 1.2 16v, 1.0 12volt were added i believe.
corsa c14se

13th May 03 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason I'm asking is that I went to the scrapies to get some Astra ATE calipers and the guy instisted that the calipers won't fit a GLS! Don't the calipers off any astra 16v of any year model fit?
Also I run into the same problem with exhausts.I went to 2 stores and they told me that the GLS has a different exhaust from the other corsas!
Makarus

13th May 03 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The GLS is the same mechanically as any other model, only difference is that it comes with more things as standard like leccy mirrors, PAS etc.

The engine is exactly the same in the car, its no different, everything else is also the same, you want to put bigger brakes on, they will fit exactly the same as they would a non-GLS model.

I have 2 mates one with a 5dr GLS 1.4 16v and one with a 3dr SRi 1.4 16v. There is no difference in the way that everything works, brake layout is same etc.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What a GLS is? 24 database queries in 0.0128860 seconds