corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » CURED car jerkiness problem upon throttle release

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CURED car jerkiness problem upon throttle release
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
   10th Aug 04 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi everyone,
just though i share the info on how i cured this year long bastard jerking problem when i suddenly let go of the accelerator on my 94 L reg corsa B Gsi.....

i had thought it was many other things E.G. induction kit, fuel type, Idle Control Valve(ICV), butterfly flap in the throttle body getting jammed, however....

i found that it is actually the SPRING!!! that shuts the flap in the throttle body upon the release of the pedal, its on the outside of the Throttel body on the right hand side, and is about as long as your little finger....

just take it of, its quite tricky as all wires and pipes are in the way, give good clean, spray of WD40 and give it a good strecthing to make sure it is ok, it should have two support rubber rings that go around the actual spring, put these both to the middle, i guess these make the spring siffer....

i just took car for a spin and accelerated hard then suddenly let go of accel and its FINE, no jerkiness at all, nice and smooth (but for how long!)
Adam-D

10th Aug 04 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a new spring?
waynep

10th Aug 04 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u got a pic where this is mate i got same problem
MoNkEy MaGiC

10th Aug 04 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was thinking of getting new spring... but the old one was fine, cleaned it up and it felt and looked brand spanking new so i just put it back in again

i havnt got a pic mate!
but on my c16xe Gsi engine, the throttle body is a right bitchh to get at! the standard inlet manifold connects to it right above it..

the spring is on the right hand side of the throttle body, right next to it, you cant miss it, just get the wires and pipes out of the way first
Marco The Corsa Man

10th Aug 04 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 1.4 8v spi has the same problem, and its slow to come down off the revs too. I thought it was the throttle cable but that was fine. I'm gonna go check my spring
MoNkEy MaGiC

11th Aug 04 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bloody new it woudnt last long!!!

the jerking has come back just after 5miles of driving!! looks like i do need a new spring!!

OR...how do you think i could make the existing spring more stiffer????
i was thinking the spring has two hooks at each end...if i was to bend the hook a bti more and lower down shud sort it out???
MJ

11th Aug 04 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can someone post a pictue showin the spring, also will there be one on a 1.2 8v

New Poll