corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Additional Battery needed?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Additional Battery needed?
blundey

User status: Offline
26th Jul 04 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got my ICE instal and dvd player all working together and it sounds great. Now my problem lies somewhere else.

If i leave the engine off and play music/dvd the amp drains the battery BIG TIME and the car wont start. SOoooo i have to have the engine running in order for my battery to stay 'alive'.

Now my question is:

Is it ok to leave the car running on IDLE for 2 hours? While say watching a film?

Or do you guys thing an additional battery would be better...saying that wouldnt the additional battery somehow neeed to be connected to the alternator to keep it somewhat charged?

Any suggestions on this will be of great help...

thanks

1600power

26th Jul 04 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i woulnt advise leaving ur car on for 2hrs so that u can watch a film! potential for overheating, carbon build up, cat emission problems, etc

U might wanna invest in a proper ice battery or look at hooking up another battery but installing it in the boot instead, im not to sure how u wud go about all of this but im sure they are 'do-able' options!
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Jul 04 at 00:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Idling for 2 hours is expensive!

Second battery systems are possible, look for a 'split charge' device that keeps both batteries topped up.

Maybe the chaps in ICE forum can help?

[Edited on 26-07-2004 by Ian]
Greasemonkey

26th Jul 04 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bigger alternator man, maybe off a TD corsa
blundey

26th Jul 04 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So leaving the car idling for 2 hours is not an option....ok

So now i will contemplate installing an additional battery.

Anyone done this or can give me advice what battery to buy? how to hook it up?
Ill post this on the ICE forum too.

New Poll