corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » in-car screens and dvd etc

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author in-car screens and dvd etc
ChazSXi

User status: Offline
1st Jun 04 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what would be best?

one flip down 7" tft or two head rest screens(would they fit into corsa headrests?! )

also if i got a dvd player in the glovebox and it all connected would i have to change my standard headunit??

Could a ps2 be run from it aswell!?

Obviously would uprate front speakers and replace rear ones!

Cheers guys
ChazSXi

1st Jun 04 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also what other bits am i missing to get it all set up and how much roughly would it cost?! only talking ebay screens etc not pioneer or alpine!
shinobi

1st Jun 04 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am wanting to do this now!! I've been watching "Pimp my ride" on MTV and MTV bass, the things they do on this are out of this world- I guess that's whats inspired you?

WHy don't you just put a PS2 in the glovebox, wire that to the tv- cos you can run DVD's on that too!

ChazSXi

1st Jun 04 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shinobi
I am wanting to do this now!! I've been watching "Pimp my ride" on MTV and MTV bass, the things they do on this are out of this world- I guess that's whats inspired you?

WHy don't you just put a PS2 in the glovebox, wire that to the tv- cos you can run DVD's on that too!

thought about the ps2 after i wrote it!

Im inspired by pimp my ride too! they make it seem so easy and it looks the dogs danglies
shinobi

1st Jun 04 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah lol it does! I love the water features they put in the back, I'm sure it's much harder than it looks. And surely a new battery would be needed, cos a screen would surely drain the battery on if the engine wasnt on? I dunno, hopefully peeps can help us out on here
ChazSXi

1st Jun 04 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shinobi
Yeah lol it does! I love the water features they put in the back, I'm sure it's much harder than it looks. And surely a new battery would be needed, cos a screen would surely drain the battery on if the engine wasnt on? I dunno, hopefully peeps can help us out on here

check out your post on corsa-c
shinobi

1st Jun 04 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have done mate, I'll check that thread regular now. Thanks for that
N90ATH

1st Jun 04 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.tgincar.co.uk
N90ATH

1st Jun 04 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try there, they sell cheap screens and they have great service
Dom

1st Jun 04 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the headrests, you could probably get 5" jobbies in there, but there are alot of work to do...but they do look good and offer entertainment for the back as well

But for ease, i would get a 7" roof screen or 10" (if you can afford it) and there nice and simple to set-up and wire in, unlike the headrest screen

DVD player, personally i would change you HU for a flip out screen...would make it easier for install other screens in the car. Although its expensive way to go about it.

Otherway to do it, is to see if the manufacture of your HU do DVD player units (usually the size of a HU unit) which links to your existing HU, enabling you to control the dvd unit from HU (IE: you could hide the DVD unit in the boot (example of this would be pioneer). Then, its a simple case of connecting the video output from the DVD player (usually has 2 RCA video outputs, if it only has one, then you will need a video amp) to the screens, and the audio is connected to your HU (either via its own BUS cable...or using a AUX input if your DVD player doesnt connect to the HU).

If you want another source, IE: PS2, then you will need a switcher unit...again, if you have a pioneer or alpine (etc) system, you can get something that goes inbetween the DVD unit, which you can control from your (same manufacture) HU already Otherwise you can manually operated devices, or remote controlled switching units. Majority of these allow up to 4 input devices and a number of outs. Although i believe that alot of these switching devices only have one set of video outputs, therefore a Video amp will be required if you have more than 1 screen (can split the cable if you have two...but lose quality).

Hope this helps
--Dave--
Banned

3rd Jun 04 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice info there mate.
ChazSXi

4th Jun 04 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent info cheers Dom
With the screens in the roof - can you hide the wires in the lining? also would it interfere with the rear view mirror (although your not meant to have it on when driving )

New Poll