corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » laptop screens

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author laptop screens
Richie

User status: Offline
10th Jan 04 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ quite alot of laptop screens dont run off 12v!

You can buy bare LCD panels with controllers with VGA inputs instead of using laptop screens anyway, which is probably what most have used.
Dom

10th Jan 04 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, i didnt mean lappy screens that run off 12volts, sorry i meant pc screens. But yea the actuall screen is more like 5volts etc.

However, yea you can just buy the LCD screens, but ones ive looked arnt exactly cheap And going the pc way would be cheaper....although i dont know what the quality of a 200 quid pc tft is like
Still, i wouldnt mind seeing someone have a go at fitting a 15" screen in a corsa, dunno where it could be mounted though, apart from portrait stylee in the centre console
robtj

10th Jan 04 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have got a touch screen laptop that i am currently converting to fit my car, the cable from the laptop to the screen is easy enough to extend if u know how to or know the right people
ed

10th Jan 04 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you could do is try using a dell TFT PC screen and run it off a PS2. You can buy a connector that allows you plug your PS2 (or Xbox e.t.c...) directly into the plug in the back of the screen - I got one in my house running my PS2. The only problem I see is that even with the cover off the unit would be considerably bigger than if you used a laptop screen... I don't know about converting a laptop screen though. Has anyone had any success???

[Edited on 10-01-2004 by 1800ed]
darkstar

11th Jan 04 at 04:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You cant convert a laptop screen to work on a VGA output, the only way you can do it is to buy an conversion board but they cost a bomb and you either need the circuit diagram for the screen connections or the correct board for the screen, to much hassle! just buy an LCD screen with VGA or composite input.
M2RTY

9th Feb 04 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tried the 15" in dash and it just wouldnt look like a factory fit

its in the boot now, with 7" touchscreen up front

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll