corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » IN CAR MEDIA?-dvd etc

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author IN CAR MEDIA?-dvd etc
calidus

User status: Offline
21st Apr 04 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bin thinking bout getting a media player such as a dvd player- the dvd players seem to be fairly self explanatory-and I am liking this unit :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3091748459&category=14946

However Im confused when it comes to the monitors? what is meant by 1st generation and 2nd generation? is there a difference between LCD and TFT? and how does sound get routed to in car speakers? my headunit does not have an input

Halfords do the above dvd player and a monitor which I am tempted on but i am pretty sure I can undercut their price, what you guys think?
neiliosxi

21st Apr 04 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would liek to know this too, been looking for a cheapish one but not 1 where i cant even work out what is happening on the screen!
Richie

21st Apr 04 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that media player does seem pretty good.

To get the sound to your headunit you will have to use an FM modulator. It allows you to tune into a certain frequency on your radio to listen to the DVD. However quality isnt always the best.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14946&item=3091748370

When it comes to screens, look for TFT LCD screens, the higher the resolution the better. Make sure the screen supports both PAL and NTSC. Stay away from all STN screens.
neiliosxi

21st Apr 04 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot sort of resolution should i be looking for, seen 2, 1st 220000 (£90), 2nd a bit more expenside was 336000 (£120)
Richie

21st Apr 04 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

336000 is the higher resolution but even then thats still pretty low, but its viewable. i have two sunvisor screens with that resolution in my car.

New Poll