corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PVD NO LONGER TRADING

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PVD NO LONGER TRADING
Nath

User status: Offline
19th Jul 04 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

i love pvd related threads

I feel this wont be the last!
TOMAS

19th Jul 04 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every day I meet a certain kind of business person in my job. I work as a Bailiff for a group of High Court Enforcement offices ( LOL posh title FKA sheriff's offices - trying to be intimidating). These people play the system through and through and they are commonly known as CROOKS.

I just simply wouldnt imagine for one minute that PVD ltd would be ran by these certain people, no way, not in a million years, really, no really

I also work part time as a on-course bookmaker and i'd like to lay big odds on that they'll be back
TNM

20th Jul 04 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who was the registed director of PVD? was it pete? and is he the rigisterd director of his other companys or does he have other people instead?
Go3asy

20th Jul 04 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why doesnt everyone try to get everyone who was ripped off, to go to court together against the company directors that would probably have some outcome if there was somany ppl and all this information, im sure the shop has records of the ppl awaiting parts and refunds, and if say joff has lost his job im sure he wouldnt mind taking a few copies

it would show that he has been doing it for about 6 months maybe more, so in that time of 6 months instead of continueing and taking money and not giving the goods he should have stopped tradin to get the company on its feet again.

i could easily have him charged because i have written proof from stienementz that the product i orderd (5months before i asked for refund) from pvd which was a stienementz part supposed to be coming from stienementz, well i have written proof from stienementz that part was not ever orderd by pvd to come in, so he had every intention to take the money and do nothing when he could have easily orderd it and i would have had it in the 4 weeks like they said, instead they took the money and kept saying its not in yet but we have orderd it(lies), then i waited 2 months for the refund and now this...

but i cant be arsed going to any hassle over it

[Edited on 20-07-2004 by Go3asy]
Kenni

20th Jul 04 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The directors have limited liabilty and their assets are an different identity to PVD. So if PVD owes you money, PVD owes the money NOT the directors.

Obviously PVD would have known its financial status many many months ago, but continuing to accept orders is not unusual, as it 'may' help to regenerate and revilise the company again, or in this case, Pete's pocket. No genuine business minded person would just 'give up' what they have built from scratch.

for those who are out of pocket.
Kenni

20th Jul 04 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Go3asy
why doesnt everyone try to get everyone who was ripped off, to go to court together against the company directors that would probably have some outcome if there was somany ppl and all this information, ...............................................................but i cant be arsed going to any hassle over it

Contradiction?

Robbo

20th Jul 04 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kenni
The directors have limited liabilty and their assets are an different identity to PVD. So if PVD owes you money, PVD owes the money NOT the directors.

Obviously PVD would have known its financial status many many months ago, but continuing to accept orders is not unusual, as it 'may' help to regenerate and revilise the company again, or in this case, Pete's pocket. No genuine business minded person would just 'give up' what they have built from scratch.

for those who are out of pocket.

Almost certainly Kenni... although... if somebody were to prove wrongful trading you could try and lift the 'veil of incorporatin' and they would become personally liable... however, as you say, it is not uncommon or indeed unlawful to trade when knowing you are in financial distress - diff for plc's as they are not supposed to 'trade out' of a potential liquidation-type situation.

As many have said, bottom line is you are all screwed, sorry

Customers are at the very bottom of the list of creditors (as I believe some1 mentioned previously) secured creditors 1st such as your VAT money due, Corp tax and your bank and then all the way down to customers

A court case would do absolutely nothing but waste your time and money... this probaly will sound unfair/off but perhaps some of you should have taken note of the many many posts criticising PVD
glasgow_corsa_c

20th Jul 04 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so, how long till we see a thread like this regarding "illusion" ?
J da Silva

20th Jul 04 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just thought i'd pop back and have a read, needed to cheer myself up
Robbo

20th Jul 04 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol
lee gsi

20th Jul 04 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As posted on Astra sport to:

We have been informed by the directors of PVD that the company has gone into receivership. This will mean that many customers with outstanding orders will not receive there products which they have on order.

Any information regarding your order will be passed on to the receivers and each case will be dealt with independently. However we must inform you that the likely hood of you receiving your goods or money back is very unlikely. What you can do now is to speak directly with your bank/credit card company and claim your money back through them. As each company will deal with this differently, we can not assist you or help you with any further information regarding your money, you could also speak to citizen’s advice or trading standards for more help and information.

Astra-Sport along with every other website/community has been kept in the dark regarding this news and it is a shock to us all. All site owners and administration know as much as you, if you feel you need help with dealing with this situation feel free to contact any of us and we will do our best to point you in the right direction.

For now the best advice we can give you would be to contact your banks/credit card companies and keep a watchful eye on the PVD website for news and information on who to contact regarding outstanding orders or complaints. In the next few days the receivers will also be answering your calls to PVD for help and assistance.

We sincerely hope that not many of our members have been directly affected by this news and that comments can be kept sensible. Our policy on bad mouthing companies as you know is a no go zone, however on this occasion we are fully aware that the news is infact true and feel that some members will need to discuss this with others at length. Our only ask is that personal data concerning the Directors of PVD is not posted on this board, this is due to us (the admin) being directly responsible for that personal information.

We hope that you're not affected by this too greatly.

Regards the Astra-Sport Team.
Robbo

21st Jul 04 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Website is still working fine Careful you don't accidetally order summat :S
corsafreak

21st Jul 04 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a cat in hells chance of gettin owt from the recievers i'm afraid. i've had experience with company's going bust owing me money. taxman and vat get the chunk of whats left, recievers drain the rest on their admin costs.
Pablo

21st Jul 04 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Website is still working fine Careful you don't accidetally order summat :S
now u tell me
Rob H

21st Jul 04 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's still one thing i dont understand with all of this, and its proberbly due to my limited knowledge of how buisnesses work, but anyway...

If PVD went for so long taking money off people and not delivering goods, how can they be Bankrupt? . Its not like the money can go directly into the pocket of the owners as it all has to be accounted for, and i assume put back into the company?

[Edited on 21-07-2004 by Rob H]
Nobby

21st Jul 04 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob, any money made from new orders would have gone on paying outstanding bills with suppliers.
Rob H

21st Jul 04 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nobby
Rob, any money made from new orders would have gone on paying outstanding bills with suppliers.

This is what im saying, they never fucking ordered anything by the looks of things .

Its the perfect buisness. A steady Cash inflow, with minimal Expenses .
Jill
Premium Member

22nd Jul 04 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
what action are you all planning? court action?

Yer I think I'd most likely get laffed out the building if I took PVD to court for owing me a purple pipercross hose...

No wonder Joff was like "oh yeah u'll have the pipe within two weeks- I'll phone up pipercross asap and get it ordered" Fucking fat chance if he knew all along what was going on. Bet it was never ordered in the first place

JILL
LukeGSi

22nd Jul 04 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaboi2005
What Pvd are closing, bastard i was planning to buy my combat kit from there, ill have to go back to square 1 again.

Count yourself lucky. You would probably have been screwed over aswell!
Joff

22nd Jul 04 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
No wonder Joff was like "oh yeah u'll have the pipe within two weeks- I'll phone up pipercross asap and get it ordered" Fucking fat chance if he knew all along what was going on. Bet it was never ordered in the first place

JILL

It was ordered as soon as I'd come off the phone to you
Chris Bingham

22nd Jul 04 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit, I just ordered a magic tree. Will I get a refund?
3CorsaMeal

22nd Jul 04 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ Joff, what will happen to the lifetime grauntee (sp) on my stainless steel penis i brought from your good self???
Joff

22nd Jul 04 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was bought privately, so I will still honour it.
3CorsaMeal

22nd Jul 04 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanking you kind sir

its a nifty bit of kit i tell thee, dead chuffed with it
Joff

22nd Jul 04 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
thanking you kind sir

its a nifty bit of kit i tell thee, dead chuffed with it

Yesh, it was modelled on my own piece. Do you find it hits the spot?

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PVD NO LONGER TRADING 22 database queries in 0.1161010 seconds