corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Water inside car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Water inside car
Lee_Heggie

User status: Offline
   16th Jul 04 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been on here a couple of times asking if anyone has experienced a problem with a large amount of water entering the flooring of my corsa b.

the water is starting to come over the carpet on the drivers side. i am in the process of lifting up the carpet and taken out the seats, i have an idea where the water might be coming in but it is only an idea.

i have taken off the side panel of the door and had a hose running water onto the door its self, i noticed that a couple of drops entered underneath the plastic cover on the door. but there were only a couple of drops when i have a couple of litres of water in my car. if this is the problem how would i stop the water from entering?
combatvauxhall

16th Jul 04 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To dry the car properly, your going to need the seats and carpets out. Squeeze as much water as possible out then hang em out to dry for a good couple of days. (Trust me it will take that long)

As for the leak, the longer you leave the hose on for the clearer the leak is. I once sat in a boot for an hour because we couldnt find it, eventually it pissed in.

If its coming in through the door, make sure window is done up fully, not joking, make sure the door rubbers dont have any slits or tears in them or fitted incorrectly.

Even if water does get into the door, its designed to drain away throught the bottom on the exterior of the car.

More likely then the door is the gromit where the wiring comes through the bulkhead. Check its fitting right, then hose it down. If it is ingressing through the gromit, buy some silicone sealer and cover the edges where it touches metal an wiring.

If youve had a screen fitted recently or has in the past, it may be woth getting it checked to see if it fitted correctly.

If you have a sunroof, try hosing that down, watch for water entering round the sunroof and for trickels running down body to floor.

I dont work on Vauxhalls so i dont know where their weakness points are. Thouse are just a few suggestions from common areas of, hope that helps

Good luck
Lee_Heggie

16th Jul 04 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate
Lee_Heggie

16th Jul 04 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK OK OK, I
Lee_Heggie

16th Jul 04 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK OK OK, i no where the water is coming from. the water is running in above the pedols!!!! if i run the water off the windscreen and into the vents the water then comes out above the pedols. does anyone have any ideas why this is happening and how i can stop it?
RyeSt

16th Jul 04 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you checked all the grommets above the pedals
Lee 16v

16th Jul 04 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bloke that had my car before me had left the grommet behind my glovebox loose.. i found that today lol, luckily, before it got wet! maybe same with yours but on driver side

New Poll