corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » water inside my car!! Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author water inside my car!! Help
Lee_Heggie

User status: Offline
13th Jul 04 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a corsa B which is letting water into the flooring on the driver side. from the flooring in the back to the front of the drivers side there is loads of water, it happens each time it rains!! any ideas on what could be causing this????? i need some help as the smell is killing me
Greasemonkey

13th Jul 04 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remove ya seats, lift up the carpet and look for holes!!!!
Lee_Heggie

13th Jul 04 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it easy to remove the seats and the carpet?
Lee_Heggie

13th Jul 04 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have also seen a little bit of water fall onto my foot which is on the pedals? could it be coming from where above the pedals?
Greasemonkey

13th Jul 04 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im being a fool, easier way to check look underneath for holes, but yeah seats are easy to remove ya gonna have to anyway to dry it out
Undo star drive screw holding plastic trim down the side of seats by doors,
VERY IMPORTANT, put red plastic fork into seat belt tensioner to disarm it, undo 2 bolts in floor, and remove seats, dont forget to remove the red fork from seat belt tensioner ONCE seats are bolted back in or they wont work in a crash, oh and if the tensioners go off when doing this it will be an expensive mistake, but its easy to not have em go off
Greasemonkey

13th Jul 04 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ya might have a hole in the bulkhead some where, remove the scuttle panel and look under there, the plastic bit where the window wipers are
Lee_Heggie

13th Jul 04 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill give it ago cheers
L330wnz

13th Jul 04 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe ur going into senile dementia and u keep pissin ur self wivout knowing about it?

Lee_Heggie

13th Jul 04 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think it would be the seats that were wet and not the flooring, but thanks for the input
L330wnz

13th Jul 04 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 13-07-2004 by L330wnz]
Calum1577

13th Jul 04 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check that the seal around your lexus lights is pulled tightly. I had the same problem just after fitting my lights. Ended up getting some silocone plastered on the inside of the lights to make it water tights at the seal and joints. Also to remove the water thats in the car just now go under the car and remove some of the rubber grommets that are on the underside under where the water is gathering. If ur thinking that it cant be the lights cos the water is at the front the answer to that is that the drivers footwell is the lowest point in the car and so the water will run from the back down to there. Hope that helps you out mate.
combatvauxhall

13th Jul 04 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usual areas for water to get into a car:

Windows left open (not a joke)
Windows incorrectly fitted/bonded
Sunroof incorrectly fitted, seals broken
Break in door rubbers
Gromit in bulkhead incorrectly fitted/broken

They're the most common, water coming up through the floor isnt that common but can happen, youll have to take the carpets uot to dry them anyway, when theyre out check any gromits are fitted properly and not damaged.

If you still cant find it, get a mate to put a hosepipe over the above places while you sit in the stripped car with a torch looking for leaks.

Good luck, i fcuking hate water leaks with a passion. Mainly cos it means me being shut in a small boot for 20mins

Good luck

New Poll