corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » PROBLEM WITH CORSA SPORT

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PROBLEM WITH CORSA SPORT
calidus

User status: Offline
   10th May 04 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate is having a problem with his corsa,he had a problem as the speedo cable snapped and he put a new one on and it snapped again and again,and the car started getting slower and slower with engine management lite on and is now in limp mode,thing is, nothing got stuck in the gearbox any help would be great as hes limpin home as we type lol
Skinner

10th May 04 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has he routed the cable right ???
my m8's gsi kept on cutting out when his cable snapped sumthing 2 do with no signal from speedo or sumthing , thats what the paper clip test showed up anyway
Ali Mc

10th May 04 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My speedo died one day then the engine management light wud come on....then the car wud cut out.

It was a fuse that had blown!

So check them!

I found out it popped when i used the cigarette lighter in the car!!
starkie

10th May 04 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

t is because the cable has been routed wrong and the voltage stabilser at the back of the clocks doesnt get a reading and so confuses the ecu i think the cable has to go over or through the gear linkage cant mind which
Greasemonkey

10th May 04 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i had to replace the clocks on my GSI cos this happened, the routing of the cable is vital, i moved my cable an inch further back and the speedo was all bouncy and the cable squeeked, lol, took me ages to position it right so it was back to normal again

New Poll