corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » chips for 1.2 16v

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author chips for 1.2 16v
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 04 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can u get em?

how much and what power gains?

[Edited on 23-04-2004 by chris_uk]
MikeH

23rd Apr 04 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh you mean chips?
MikeH

23rd Apr 04 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apparently the corsa C 1.2 16v got extra power through ecu refinements.. so you may be able to get something extra out of a corsa B
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Apr 04 at 23:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you mean its already got them as standard??

surly you can get better ones?
MikeH

23rd Apr 04 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no thats not what i mean.

the corsab and c have an ecu as standard its just the C has a better one.
dinosaur

24th Apr 04 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa B 1.2 16v is supposed to be 65 and the C 75, but all RR reports I've seen give the B 75 bhp.

So if they are the same power, isnt the B faster being lighter ?
Or has the C got more than 75 bhp ?

Anyone raced them back to back ?

Might be buying a 1.2 sxi for future project car.

MikeH

24th Apr 04 at 01:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give mea time and a place i'll race a 1.2 16v corsa C
dinosaur

24th Apr 04 at 01:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would want one to drive about for a bit until I can do an engine transplant, the one I got has some cosmetic rust tatty paint and stuff, its over 10 years old with engine transplant.

Fancy a late model metallic blue sxi corsa g to tune, might go for a 1600 on throttle bodies. My 2.0 has big traction problems, maybe same power but less torque, plus lighter engine is the way to go, i'm not sure.
MikeH

24th Apr 04 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh so your not going with the strong fighting 1.2 16v engine then

might lack in power but it is very tough!!!
dinosaur

24th Apr 04 at 02:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I have a Corsa 2.0 that is pretty rapid, fastest thing I beat in it was a civic type R, but it was close, however a friend has a Seat Ibiza sport 130 tfi with a chip and something goes from 130 - 170 bhp or something ridiculous and I can only just keep with that.

Fancy building a light Corsa with a 1600 and no ICE or anything weighing it down.
luca2020

24th Apr 04 at 02:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TB ur 2.0, mucho better
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th Apr 04 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

back to topic.... is there a chip out there,

and no a corsa B wont beat a corsa C.

ive tried
combatprojex

24th Apr 04 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so its possible to remap a corsa C ECU to give it more BHP?? where can i get this done and how much??
Cybermonkey

24th Apr 04 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember reading an article in total vauxhall, and you can take your standard car to a dyno with a uni-chip or similar, and ask them to map your engine for peak performance, and the gains to be had are quite respectable. Manufacturers of small mass produced cars want an engine that gives a balance between performance, emissions and economy. Tuning it purely for performance will give good results. You have to remember that on a small capacity engine like a 1.2, increases like this are relative, and you may only see a 2-5bhp difference. A good example of an engine with too much economy in mind is the old C12NZ engines in corsa B's (1.2 8v). These were focused too much on economy and emissions, and performance suffered as a reslt.

Dave
L885 1.28v

24th Apr 04 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do u think of this:

http://www.reddotracing.co.uk/eng/RedDot%20Home%20Page.htm

they do it for a 1.2
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th Apr 04 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats it meant to do?
Paul_J

24th Apr 04 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly, I think they increased the power on the corsa c through the ecu refinements, but spread it all through the rev range (thus reducing top end power) through different cams as the corsa b.

I've got a corsa b and with just a exhaust on it - its at 81 bhp. I know many people with 1.2 16v Sxi's corsa b's that have had 75 or over on rolling road...

However, with B's the power is only at top end of the rev counter, so you have to constantly keep it up at 3.5k rpm to about 5.5k rpm...

I've never drive a corsa C so can't really comment, but to make it more driveable round town for people like my mum, they might of spread the power through the rev range so it picks up earlier hence not needing to thrash it to get it to move... But reducing the top end power, however if they also increased power changing the ecu this may be why its still only 75 bhp same as corsa B...

All my guess - not fact btw...

Yes you can chip your car, you could either go for a superchip if you have not got any engine mods (pre-made better mapping for your model) or get a uni-chip or some type of piggy back ecu upgrade that can be mapped.

Paul J
L885 1.28v

24th Apr 04 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read this

http://www.reddotracing.co.uk/eng/OBD%20Tuning/OBD%20Tuning.html
Paul H

24th Apr 04 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

other problem with the c is the gearbox.there just crap you are reving out at about 110 in 5th and at 70 your doing like 4k
Cybermonkey

24th Apr 04 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chewbaccaman
other problem with the c is the gearbox.there just crap you are reving out at about 110 in 5th and at 70 your doing like 4k

This is common amongst corsa B's too. At 70 mph, my 1.6 used to sit at around 3.5k. Too high for 5th i reckon, however, it did keep the power band high so that instant power was available when needed. Will be the F13 gearbox which is found in many corsa B's and C's incl the Sport 1.4's and SRi's. Only the range topping corsa B GSi or Sport 1.6 got the F15 box, and the ratios werent much different from the F13. I am not sure what gearbox the 1.8 SRi Corsa C uses. I presume its the F15??

New Poll