corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Please Help :( - JVC Head Unit Fault

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Please Help :( - JVC Head Unit Fault
_Allan_

User status: Offline
9th May 04 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

Can someone please help me with a fault on my JVC headunit.
The model is KD-LH70R

OK this has only just started to happen and I've only had the unit for 5 weeks.

When I put the panel in the sound does not come out of the speakers...but when I go to release the panel the sound comes on and if I push the panel back in quickly it comes back on.

When the sound is then on and I hit any bumps the sound goes off unless I push the left hand side of the unit again but this happens again for each small bump.

At first I thought it was my CD changer skipping but this happens on the FM radio as well.

I can get the sound on/off each time by pushing the unit it. I have checked cleaned the pins on the back but still no use. I have even tried to move the gold plate on the unit forward to meet better with the panel. Still no luck.

I got the unit installed from the local auto place but I ordered the CD player from Car Audio Direct. They no longer sell this model and I got it for £150 with £100 off. So if it came to replace I wouldn't get another similar spec model for the same price.

Does anyone think this is a unit fault or something that can be fixed?
Will I have a warrenty on this with Car Audio Direct??

Please Help

Thanks

Allan
cdcool1

9th May 04 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, it definately sounds like a dodgy connection either between your face panel and the HU, or in the HU itself

I'm not too familiar with the HU so i cant really say any more than that i'm afraid

However, CAD do offer good service, try going on www.talkaudio.co.uk (the forums for CAD) and asking on there. There are regular admin on there that will beable to tell you for sure about their returns procedure & policy and beable to tell you if you are covered

you could also look on CAD itself for its returns policy
_Allan_

9th May 04 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thanks I registered before and asked put up the same post. I'll check their returns policy also.

The weird thing is though it's been working fine for about 2 weeks. I was hoping it may be a wire come loose?, I'm taking the car to be looked at tomorrow by the install people. Just wondered if anyone had a similar prob or new of a solution to try now...
cdcool1

9th May 04 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all i could suggest was clean all the contacts but you've done that

can you remove the whole HU? if so, check the connectors at the rear, one might just be loose
_Allan_

9th May 04 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the info, but I'll take the unit to be checked tomorrow. Don;t wanna scratch the unit or facia trying to remove it.
_Allan_

10th May 04 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm strange one this.
Auto place removed the radio, checked the connections and all were o.k. Bench tested it, was o.k and put it back int he car and it was o.k lol.

So they guy said give it a weeks trial and see if it happens again then they'll take it out for me so I can send it back for repair???

hmmm stupid electrical stuff
cdcool1

10th May 04 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loose connection in that case

sounds like it could have been the connection behind the HU since this is on the left hand side (side you said when you pushed it worked)

they probably just pushed it in and told you they weren't sure

could be something else of course but that seems most likely to me mate

[Edited on 10-05-2004 by cdcool1]
_Allan_

10th May 04 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the help anyway cdcool1
cdcool1

10th May 04 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No problem mate

New Poll