corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » sony headunits

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sony headunits
Richie

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 03 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kris u can shove that stat up ur rectum cos i just went out with a multimeter and checked mine and its 4.12V

[Edited on 02-07-2003 by AustinPXX]
Sir_Mixalot

2nd Jul 03 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slating sony is like slating vauxhalls; eveyone who doesn't have one does it. i got a sony head unit, and found it to be really good, not had any problems. Sony are one of the biggest electronics manufactures in the world and are reknowned for quality and being worth the extra.
Cavey

3rd Jul 03 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine has never ever skipped, i tested it on a road in crewe when my Kenny HU, a 9020 (supposedly top (ish) at the time) Skipped every time i went down it, had no problems at all with it
corb

3rd Jul 03 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but when u compare sony to other units for similar money eg. alpines. you'd be better off with the alpine for sq, build quality etc.
Kris TD

3rd Jul 03 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corb
but when u compare sony to other units for similar money eg. alpines. you'd be better off with the alpine for sq, build quality etc.

exactly, think hes going for an alpine now
SRi_m00k

7th Jul 03 at 03:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought a sony MD player one of the highest in the range at the time apart from the recordin one, and have ot say as far as MD players go its the nuts!!

u ever priced MD players from pioneer an the like, pioneer have even stopped makin em i hear!!

if ur on a budget ur prob not goin for competiton sounds anyhow so nowt wrong wi a bit OF flash!!!

sayin that!! full diamond and genesis install on the way so it will be gettin changed to summat better, altho canny afford to ge decent specced MD player of anothe make!!! cd front loader it is!!
djlee_dj

7th Jul 03 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur being a knob , go pioneer
dj_ade

8th Jul 03 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck - I dunno, it seems that ppl who are slating sony don't even have sony stuff - and if they did, then they would know that they are not bad systems at all - i have Sony throughout my corsa C and i have had no problem with the stuff, EXCEPT for the Xplod 900W sub - The Voice coil went - but i think that was my fault...and not the fault of sony and the build of their equipment..
on the Comparison thing - alpine vs Sony, THERE IS NO REFERENCE IN THE ABOVE POST to the Models or the series of the head units - what alpine head unit was being compared to what Sony unit??? easy to say Sony unit was crap if it was of a lower spec than that of the Alpine one....

[Edited on 08-07-2003 by dj_ade]
Kris TD

8th Jul 03 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, the people on hear who slate sony have found out the hard way, ive eventually replaced all my sony stuff now, why did i waste money in the first place.
Kris TD

8th Jul 03 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh, comparing price for price fella.
peter_1.2

11th Jul 03 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sonys headunits are great. ill agree that everythin else they make is crap. dont buy the speakers or amps.
dj_ade

14th Jul 03 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everyone's entitled to their opinion ., i have sony gear - it does my job, and that's the way it is.
the_legend_of_yrag

14th Jul 03 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are crap...the whole x-plod range is crap, i had a flipp down sony m630 and it looked wivked, but its performance is not as good as the alpines, kenwoods and pioneers etc.
goyemm

8th May 04 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sony headunits are Good, never had a problem.
Trucido

8th May 04 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you ever seen a sound off competition with sony ?? There not bad for just normal usage but you can tell the difference for the same price between other brands such as Alpine, you can hear a superior quality sound between the two easily
mentalasanything

12th May 04 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
Hey take it easy guys lol I got the CDX MP70, but i dont use the DSO or the amp on the fekin thing LOL

I got the CDX-CA 900 and the DSO thing is crap, just distorts and I dnt care bout the amp coz I dnt use it either!!!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll