corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » El. Windows HELP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author El. Windows HELP
CorsaJunkie

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 04 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got an electric windows kit from Germany, and I think I can manage to install it HOWEVER I need your help!
I have 2 problems.
1st:I need to find a wire in the car that is connected to the (+) pole of the battery. Ok one way to solve this is to pass a cable of my own from the battery to the relay. Does anyone here know a better solution?
2nd:I need to find a wire that has power only when the ignition is on. I haven thought of a way to bypass this problem, does any one know where this cable is

Cheers

[Edited on 23-04-2004 by CorsaJunkie]

[Edited on 23-04-2004 by CorsaJunkie]
Drew
Banned

23rd Apr 04 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a multimeter and have a look around in ya fuse box, plenty of live and ignition switchable lives there

IF ya run a wire straight from battary, make sure ya fuse it
Marco The Corsa Man

23rd Apr 04 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I remeber correctly, Live 12 constant wires are always Red and 12 ignition wires are always Black. The best place to look is where the wires come down from the ignition behind the drivers side cover (next to the bonnet release). There should be a bunch of wires that come down, some go into the ECU and the rest go back up into the car, just pick one of the none ECU wires.

New Poll