corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.0L Trouble

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.0L Trouble
99corsab

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 04 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the above engine in my 99 corsa.

At the time of purchase I was restricted to a small engine due to insurance costs in the Ireland where I live. I have pondered selling the car over the last week or so and getting someting with a lot more get up and go ,which granted the 1L does not have. I actualy had a C2 VTR lined up .

All in all I have decided to keep the car for another while because I couldn't bring myself to part with it as silly as it seems, I've become rather attached to the little begger.

My only gripe with the corsa is obviously the engine. At the moment its going as good as it ever has with 50k on the clock. It has gotten regular services and oil changes. But there is an annoying noise coming from the timing chain which my mechanic and I know needs to be looked at sooner rather then later.

The vast majority of all corsa's here are 1L. I have heard a hell of alot of them making the same noise including my mates 2000 model which only has 34k on her.

Why are these cars made with a 3cyl design that nearly predates modern motoring?

And why since '97 are they still being produced today with little or no modifications to improve what they must know to be recuring problems?

I hate micra's but they've got a cracking , reliable little 1L engine. Why cant Opel follow suit and if the corsa needs to be produced with a 1L why does it have to be the worst engine in its class?

99corsab

3rd Apr 04 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres a pic btw http://www.maxed-ie.net/99dcorsa/1.jpg
Graham

3rd Apr 04 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the clickin noise in the engine bay is the timing "chain" as its chain driven it will lick, i also own a 1.0l nice cars but tiny engines.

New Poll