corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP !! MY HEADUNIT STARTED SMOKING ....NOT FUNNY !!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP !! MY HEADUNIT STARTED SMOKING ....NOT FUNNY !!
5doormodder

User status: Offline
29th Feb 04 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just bought another corsa b about a month ago, I wired up my amp and a sub to the headunit just to test it.

When it was all wired up, power,earth, rca cables, and remote cable, and sub to amp. There wasnt much sound comming from the sub...although the sub was vibrating very lightly.

So i turned up the bass slightly on the amp, and the vibrating got a little harder, but still no sound, so i turned up the bass a little more and.....my headunit started smoking like fuck and my car smells real bad now.

Ive took the lot out my car, but im a little woried about playing my headunit now, it still works fine, but whats stopping it from just setting on fire one day ??

Anyone know what i did wrong, because ive installed subs and amps and that in my old car with no problems in the past !!

[Edited on 18-05-02 by 5doormodder]
5doormodder

1st Mar 04 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nobody have any idea what could have caused it ? Ive been playing my headunit today and it working fine. I just wanna know what caused it to smoke
Sando

1st Mar 04 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need some Nicotinell... its a nasty habit, smoking.
ajscorsa

3rd Mar 04 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol maybe fried the internal amp or you maybe had the rca's in the rong place
Sando

3rd Mar 04 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry mate, couldnt resist!

Is it a new HU? You say you have wired things up before with no problems but if its a new HU it could be a fault inside, i.e an electrical problem. If it is then your prolly best returning it or if you have no warrenty, taking it to an audio repairers.

New Poll