corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » "easy" wiring question!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author "easy" wiring question!
combat_sri

User status: Offline
14th Feb 04 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right im putting a new switch on my interior neons but im abit stuck! the old switch had 3 prongs ( because it was illuminated i think) the new one has 2 prongs. now each neon tube has two wires comming out (red one and a black/red one) i also have power wire and an earth.
now im wiring it so all the red(power) wires are on one prong and the earths are on the other.it works when the neons are switched on but when you flick the switch to off it blows the fuse and there was abit of smoke comming off where its earthed. what am i doing wrong? can someone do me a quick diagram?
wainey

14th Feb 04 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the two prongs are both connections for power aint they? power in, and then power out, permanent supply and the swithced live to whatever your running, your other switch had an earth to it as it was illuminated, so when u flick the switch your blowing fuses cuz your producin a dead short live - earth

[Edited on 14-02-2004 by wainey]
combat_sri

14th Feb 04 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol dont understand! any chance of a quick diagram or run through what goes where?
wainey

14th Feb 04 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont understand either your main power which feeds the power to your switch goes on one prong, then the wire which takes the power to your neons goes onto the other prong, think ill stick to 3phase wiring and 415v, its more simple
combat_sri

14th Feb 04 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone have any diagrams how to wire neons into a switch?
combat_sri

14th Feb 04 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there no need for an earth then?
Anton2K3

14th Feb 04 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to earth the neons seperatelyt, not throught the switch, then take the power from the battery to one side of the switch, and the power to the neons from the other side of the switch, all a switch does is complete a circuit. If u have earth on one side of the switch, power on the other, its like putting a spanner across the terminals of a battery. Get it?
Fear

14th Feb 04 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=121923

Anish1905

14th Feb 04 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate why not get the max power remote for the neons and anyother thing u want. I got this yesterday for £20. Fitted it today took 10 mins. U can turn them on or off at 60 feet.

New Poll