corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Putting in a new stereo

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Putting in a new stereo
Craig6682

User status: Offline
   15th Aug 03 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How easy is it to fit a new stereo into a Pug 106? I haven't done much work to my car yet and this is one of my first BIG things to do. I just want to change the head unit at first and then add some back speakers (as it's a 5 door), then change the front speakers and then put in a couple of sub woofers into the boot. Are the electrics a bit similar to computers as i know a fair bit about them.

Thanks.
M4tt

15th Aug 03 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of the wiring for ICE is pretty easy if you've got n e common sense.

i wouldn't say the electrics are similar to computers since you don't need to much wiring with comps....

have you got rear speakers already? if you have then you have the wiring for speakers, if not you will have to thread new wiring from the back of the HU to the speaker locations.

subs are also pretty easy, you need an amp to run them, which needs power from the battery and and good earth, and also RCA and power on leads to be wired through the cabin.

remember to keep power adn RCA and speakers as far away from each other as possible, otherwise they will interfere and cause a buzzing noise through you speakers.

hope it helps..
Craig6682

16th Aug 03 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate. I'm on the look out for a stereo now, looking at a JVC one in Halfords at the moment. I only want to change the head unit and keep everything else standard as i'm getting rid of the car in about 11 months if i get a NCB and it will be easy to just bung the other stereo back in when i sell the car. It's only an R reg 1.1 pug, hopefully i can get a 1.4 306 next year.
M4tt

16th Aug 03 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the JVC's for 100 quid are alright, but if you look online at places like:

www.caraudiodirect.co.uk
www.mcs-direct.co.uk

you'll find Head units of better quality for the same price such as a Kenwood 3... (something, can't remeber the model name )

New Poll