corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Need Advice regarding Battery???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need Advice regarding Battery???
Frenchieboy

User status: Offline
11th Feb 04 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi folks!

My corsa's been lying in the drive since before christmas as I'm driving a new car. But now the Girlfriend is ready to pass her driving test I need the car up and running.

Car battery was dead to start off with but once I jumped it, it seemed to run fine but when left overnight it needs jumped again.

This has happened no matter how long I've left the engine running after a jump. Do I need a new battery? Is it totally drained because of the cold the last couple of months? Or will it be the alternator??? How can I check??

Cheers for any advice folks!!
Andy

11th Feb 04 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it out and charge it using a charger. If it's OK afterwards, it's prob the alternator. If it's still happening, it's either the battery itself that needs replacing, or you have a short of some kind causing the battery to discharge when installed in the car.
Mistamist

11th Feb 04 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think it will be the alternator cos the car wouldnt run at all after a while as the alternator wouldnt be chargging the battery. try topping up the battery with de ionised water as it may be running low. take it for a long drive or put it on a trickle charger, if it goes dead after that i recommend buying a new battery.

New Poll