corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » does fitting inlet manifiold decrease the intake roar??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author does fitting inlet manifiold decrease the intake roar??
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
6th Feb 04 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thinking of getting a mantzel inlet manifold on my corsa gsi, at the moment its got a viper induction kit and full grp A zorst, after 3k it has a BEAST Intake roar and the exaust sounds nice, not to loud or too quiet... until i rev past 4k by which it sounds like a aeroplane taking of

how will it sound after fitting new manifold?? as i heard the reason the corsa sounds so good with induction kit is coz of all that long unessasary pipe work, which is taken out wen new inlet is fitted???
broster
Premium Member

6th Feb 04 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will sound good with a new inlet one but the manzel one will loose the scooby type noise, if u get what i mean!
CRB 553

6th Feb 04 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine has mantzel and bfo and has a really nice note! Still has that scooby noise if u ask me although i never ran the engine without the mantzel but comparing to ma mates cars its so much better.....
Daimo B

6th Feb 04 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well Paul Belsham had a wicked note from his K+N C16 with exhaust etc. Donna had a Piper X and that sounded good too. But Donna lost the really power noise that the standard inlet manifold + ind kit had.

It it still pretty loud, but nothing like it used to be.

Get Throttle bodies and the sound gets better though
vibrio
Banned

6th Feb 04 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the sound is down to the inlet and the valves etc so changing it would change the sound as would changing the actual filter material
Nath

6th Feb 04 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who cares if the roar goes?? The extra horses will more than make up for this
vibrio
Banned

6th Feb 04 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my GT don;t make a roar. the roar sounds gay anyway. people point and laugh at you
Nath

6th Feb 04 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They hear you coming and think, 'Nova '..............

My car makes a nice noise which sounds powerful, not like a Nova or Cav with a cherry bomb

New Poll