corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » more holes...more sound??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author more holes...more sound??
richardostreet

User status: Offline
23rd Jul 03 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1stly cheers to everyones advice on drilling my airbox... i have done it now...sounds better...but i have only done a few holes (20-30) will i get a better sound the more holes i drill? i have loads of room to drill still coz i only used a 8mm drill

so more holes..more sound?

cheers rich
digitalbanana

23rd Jul 03 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did the same...i thought it sounded deep enuff...!

Have u redlined it yet? sounds sweet!
CRB 553

23rd Jul 03 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, the sound will decrease if u put to many in, also increasing the size will give a deeper roar but wont be heard properly until higher up the revs
cobra148

23rd Jul 03 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I must have the only Corsa where drilling the airbox etc makes no difference to the sound.
I've got a '98 1.4 Sport and I can remove the airbox completely and there is no difference in the exhaust note at all. Strange that.
M4tt

23rd Jul 03 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.4 16v engine should sound amazing if you drill your airbox?? as with the 1.6 16v engine...

it isn't really ur exhaust not which changes, its air induction roar.
cobra148

23rd Jul 03 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, its weird. But if I removed the air box completely you wouldn't tell the difference.
I've got a drilled box and K&N panel filter, it seems a bit more responsive than standard but sound is exactly the same.

New Poll