corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Electric Power Steering

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electric Power Steering
Pete.T

User status: Offline
28th Jan 04 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Have A power steering column from a 92 corsa with the mitsubushi control unit attached. Does anyone know if i will need the standard ECU from the car it is out to make it work. It is being fitted to a nova
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
28th Jan 04 at 23:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

92?
Ryan L

29th Jan 04 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes 92??? corsa's were only produced from 1993
Siberia

29th Jan 04 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the nova's were marketed in europe and ireland as a corsa

they would be a corsa A

thats y the corsa u have in the uk are Corsa B's
Paul H

29th Jan 04 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didn't no novas came with eps either
TOMAS

29th Jan 04 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont think he mean EPS, I think hes saying that he has a coloumn from a car with fluid power steering. Is he on about the immobiliser chip?
Pete.T

29th Jan 04 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I have a electric power steering column out of a 2003 corsa which I am going to fit into a nova. The column has a mitsubushi control unit bolted onto it, but I wanted to know if it is run from the main ECU on the car or will it work with the parts that i have got.
The Guru

30th Jan 04 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think you'll struggle cos the steering on that model year is speed sensitive thru the engine control unit.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
30th Jan 04 at 02:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It may set itself in the middle somewhere if it doesn't get signal from the engine management. It may only be speedo pulses or something. Nothing you couldn't simulate with fairly simple electronics. Adjustable would be easy there as well, little dial on the dash for it.

There was a company selling custom made units who had a Corsa fitment, loads of money though.
Pete.T

30th Jan 04 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car has an early 16v ecotec engine anyway and has corsa clocks to send the speed signal to the ECU so i might be able to run it off that. Has anyone got a set of wiring diagrams for the latest corsa from a haynes manual and a scanner !!

New Poll