corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Power Steering or not?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Power Steering or not?
MikeH

User status: Offline
12th May 03 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This might be a bit of a stupid post but...

My T reg 1.2 16v club corsa B has no power steering resevoir under the bonnet that i can see and yet it appears to have power steering because it gets allot harder to turn the wheel with the engine off!!

Am i just blind to the location of the resevoir or have i possibly got electric power steering on my B?
leeshez

13th May 03 at 05:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it is not stupid my bros girl friend has a V reg Corsa 1.2 16V SXI ,which i have drove it also seems to have power steering im not sure where it is Lee
Dan_Corsa

13th May 03 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the power steering bottle is located in the drivers side wing it's known as eps(electronic power steering)

one way 2 tell if it has eps is to turn your ignition on to the last click and on the bottom right off your clocks a orange light saying eps should b lit up

[Edited on 13-05-2003 by Dan_Corsa]
Pete

13th May 03 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MikeH
This might be a bit of a stupid post but...

My T reg 1.2 16v club corsa B has no power steering resevoir under the bonnet that i can see and yet it appears to have power steering because it gets allot harder to turn the wheel with the engine off!!

Am i just blind to the location of the resevoir or have i possibly got electric power steering on my B?

Ok, can you turn the steering wheel with one hand when you're stationary and the engine is running?
MikeH

13th May 03 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes i can turn it with about 2 fingers.. and i do have an EPS light on my dash! now i know what it is!!!
Pete

13th May 03 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok well the fact your steering wheel can be turned with a pair of fingers kinda gave it away before you discovered the EPS light then.......
Adam_lee

13th May 03 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Electronic power steering!! you numb nut! lol

New Poll