corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » need help v6 brakes wat do you think

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author need help v6 brakes wat do you think
curb

User status: Offline
   24th Jan 04 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a problem got a m plate sri with a 2.0 16v red top in it got 256 brakes on front and discs on the back cant stop the thing for love nor money just bought v6 vectra 4 stud discs and calipers [aint fitted them yet ] i am going to put braided hoses all round wat hoses do i need for the front as any one had a problem stopping there corsa

[Edited on 24-01-2004 by curb]
PaulW

24th Jan 04 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first off try the braided hoses all round before you fit the V6 jobbies, bleed the system & try again

then try with the V6 ones up front, if they respond better then use the V6 ones

fact is with the rear discs, the brakes will be a bit spongy, even more so with the V6 calipers up front as the master cylinder isn't really big enough for them, but braided hoses should help a bit
broster
Premium Member

24th Jan 04 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the v6 ones will be spongy unless u fit the braided hoses, but when u got them on they work a treat, stop u well too!
boyracer2002

24th Jan 04 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

fact is with the rear discs, the brakes will be a bit spongy, even more so with the V6 calipers up front as the master cylinder isn't really big enough for them, but braided hoses should help a bit
Yeah as i have found out is there anyway at all to put a bigger master cylinder on, i know people keep telling me its not poss but surely something must fir
Andy Morley

24th Jan 04 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get the v6 jobbies fitted. they will stop you like nobady's business, i would swear by them now
Dave

24th Jan 04 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He'll still have the same sort of problem though because of the rear disks. The Corsa master cylinder just isn't up to the job really.

I have Wilwood 4pots and rear disks and there is plenty of power but the pedal is very spongy. All Corsa's use the same master cylinder/servo (except ABS ones) so the only option you have really is retro fitting one off a Vectra/Astra etc. I dont know the ins and outs of fitting one though, if its possible at all
curb

24th Jan 04 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have been looking about of a bigger master cylinder and servo i have looked in to it and found that the tigra master [the abs model ] is 1mm bigger i work on vauxhalls all week long in and out of work the tigra is the only one that looks any thing like the corsa master ps mine hasn't got abs but the tigra master will fit !!!!
TOMAS

24th Jan 04 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it could be one for MIG but i'd like to know if/how I can upgrade to a larger master cylinder on my Corsa B without ABS.... Do any just straight fit, bolt for bolt?
curb

24th Jan 04 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only one that i know of is the tigra one the abs master will fit your non abs car aint tryed it yet tho to see if it makes a differents

New Poll