corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Question regarding DVC Subs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Question regarding DVC Subs
Jill
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   22nd Jan 04 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right I'm stuck and confused regarding DVC subs!

Basically my query is if I have two subs which are "dual 2-ohm coils" each does this mean that amp-wise I need an amp that powers 8ohm's worth in total (or two amps that power 4ohms worth each)??

OR

Do I need an amp that powers 4ohms worth in total (or two amps that power 2ohms worth each)??

Any help with this matter will be truly appreciated as I'm so confused!

*ohmly confused*
JILL
Richie

22nd Jan 04 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol!! Look at my tutorial called speaker impedance in the ICE section of tutorials.

Basically if you have two dual 2 ohm voice coils, ur gonna want a single mono amp to suit thier power at 2 ohms (each subs coils wired in series making each sub 4 ohms then wire both subs to amp in paralell showing 2 ohm load to amp).

OR you could get an amp per sub that matches the power at either 4 ohms or 1 ohm. To get 4 ohms you wire the voice coils of the sub in series, or to get 1 ohm you wire the voice coils in paralell.

Hope it clears it up for ye
LoudCorsa

22nd Jan 04 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what u need is an african tribe to put a massive drum in the boot -then you could hook up an ornate pulley system off the back wheel to wang a mallet at it - thus creating bass - awesome

chaz

http://www.woah.co.uk
Richie

22nd Jan 04 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jill
Premium Member

25th Jan 04 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LoudCorsa
what u need is an african tribe to put a massive drum in the boot -then you could hook up an ornate pulley system off the back wheel to wang a mallet at it - thus creating bass - awesome

chaz

http://www.woah.co.uk

cheeky Chaz!

Thankyou for ur help AustinPXX- I've figured it all out now!

JILL

New Poll