corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how can u run 3subs off 1 amp??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how can u run 3subs off 1 amp??
beattie17

User status: Offline
23rd Jul 03 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above^^^
Kris TD

23rd Jul 03 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wire them up, dont bother though, unless u have a huge amp it will sound shit.
Mav 3000

23rd Jul 03 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would a 6 channel amp bridged 3 times work?

I'd get 3 seperate amps personally.
beattie17

23rd Jul 03 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

say uve got 3 subs at 1000watt max how and what amp would u run it off?
if that makes sense
corb

23rd Jul 03 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they're 1000rms, you'll want an amp that is about 3500rms @ 1ohm mono. then wire them down to 1.33ohms and you'll be giving them close to 1000rms each.
Vaux-MD

23rd Jul 03 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The question I need answering is what do you need 3 for, it's a Corsa - there isn't enough air to move around to get any decent sound. In fact it'll sound crap. If the car is stripped out then the air issue is resolved but it still leaves the why 3? question.

What other speakers do you have/intend? To be honest in tests we've found that one good quality sub and 2 really good front component speakers, and no rear speakers at all will give you a great sound staging of quality and depth.

You can still get a super dence base sound by deadening the car, rip out all the trim and use self adhesive deadening pads everywhere. I've got 3 in each door alone

Hope this helps
corb

23rd Jul 03 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe he wants spl
TOMAS

23rd Jul 03 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quote:The question I need answering is what do you need 3 for, it's a Corsa - there isn't enough air to move around to get any decent sound. In fact it'll sound crap. If the car is stripped out then the air issue is resolved but it still leaves the why 3? question. unquote

WTF? what on earth are you on about? You start of talking in terms of SPL - air movement etc then you go on about how it will sound crap (SQ) ?? Firstly mate their is nothing wrong with 3subs in a corsa - you can use three subs in a sq system or an spl system - He hasent even said what subs they are. Oh yeah and do you even understand the concepts of resonant frequencies and small cars...
Vaux-MD

24th Jul 03 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tomas - Concidering the norm when it comes to Subs it would be fair to asume he has 10s or 12s. You have to agree that whether ported or sealed the space in the boot of a corsa just isn't big enough. I'm not saying you'll really notice it as you're driving down the road but it just won't have that crystal clarity. You have to have sufficient air in front of the cone as well not to mension physically fitting it all in the boot.

Anyway that wasn't his question was it? I was mearly giving him food for thought. I'll be the first to admit my opinion is just that. There was no need to deride my comments as you have no idea what I may know. If beattie17 has read up on the size of the boxes required, and feels he can get them to fit then fair enough. So often people just build boxes the shape and size they want it to look. Smaller subs would give a crisper sound and also fit the boot easier

To answer the original question though, Yes you can. It'll need to be powerful enough and you have to fit external crossovers to cut out all but the lower frequencies. If 2 channels are bridgeable so much the better.
corb

24th Jul 03 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But if he's going to be entering his corsa into Street 3-4 in DB Drag, and didnt have enough room in the boot for the sub box to fit below the window line for 4 subs, he'd surely want 3 subs(possibly 12's, as thats the limit for 3 subs in street 3-4) inside his boot. Running off a single amp at 1.33ohms mono. And the best way to get maximum SPL would be to have as much cone area as possible in a ported box. And its possible to have 6^ft in a corsa boot.
TOMAS

25th Jul 03 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smaller subs would give a crisp sound... lol Their's nothing 'CRISP' about bass unless you dont know how to set a crossover correctly! Im not sure if you own a corsa but 'in my opinion' you have no idea how big a corsa boot is. You can fit three sealed 12's EASILY in the boot of a corsa, I know others who have four sealed 12's, I personally have had FIVE amps, two 12's and an optima yellow top battery in the boot!
You keep mentioning crystal clarity...
1. as i said before we are talking bass! 2. a car is a glorified tin can (not brilliant for sound recreation) but as for not enough air in the car WTF?

Personally I just didnt like how you said 'their isnt enogh air to move around to get a decent sound' when there is and also how you instantly assumed it would 'sound crap' Go and do some more of those 'tests' cos your wrong! In tests we found a set of components and one sub gave a great stage blah blah blah. Stop recyling the stuff that youve read everywhere and learn about true SQ and true SPL and never mix the two!

[Edited on 25-07-2003 by TOMAS]
Ben
Banned

25th Jul 03 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why 3 ? 2 will still b good even 1 will b!

inless ur takin rear seats out i would not bother with 3!
corb

25th Jul 03 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMASYou can fit three sealed 12's EASILY in the boot of a corsa, I know others who have four sealed 12's, I personally have had FIVE amps, two 12's and an optima yellow top battery in the boot!

Well, I'm gonna try and fit four 15's sealed into my boot, to try and prove a point that it can be done! (And then change it all and bin the rear seats!)
TOMAS

26th Jul 03 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Four sealed 15's in the boot of a corsa - that sounds like the job for a //////Type R @Corb
corb

26th Jul 03 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

four S15L7's in the boot of a corsa

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how can u run 3subs off 1 amp?? 23 database queries in 0.0153518 seconds