corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Sub Boxs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sub Boxs
AdiSRI

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 03 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i plan to have 2 12" alpine type R subs and want to know which type of box is best.

Shud i get :-

2 seperate sealed boxs, one for each sub

OR

A dual sub box that both subs fit into??

Im thinking it wud be easier to manage 2 seperate boxs but dont know what difference (if any) the style of box will make to the sound??
TOMAS

3rd Sep 03 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you running them off two seperate amps or just one? If its two I always recomend two boxes just incase of any differences in amps. Two seperate is always safest two, if one blows then the other is still working in its correct enclosure. I too am running a pair of type R's with 1000W going to both. Ive found that sealed between 0.9 and 1cube each gives the best sound but im running 0.75 which is peakey but very punchy.
AdiSRI

4th Sep 03 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i wud be using 2 x MRD-M300's as i have one already and wud buy another and the 2 subs.
Another question is , is it worth the extra cash for 2 subs over 1, bearing in mind i have one amp already.
In this case a single sub boxed is £134.99.
To have 2 subs its 2x £134.99 + £160 ish for the other amp = £294.99 extra for another sub.

Is having 2 the same significantly better than just 1 or am i best off to spend a bit more and get a single JL W3 V2??

New Poll