corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » amp power cables

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author amp power cables
andy hirst

User status: Offline
10th Jan 04 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i already got an 8g cable coming from the battery. Im putting another amp in and will be splitting the power cable, like a nob a bout 2m of 4g then relalised when i got home, to split 8g i need 2x 16g cable not 2x4g. Would 2x 16g from an 8g be ok for 2 2x75w rms amps. or would i need to run a 4g from the batt and split into 2x8g. cheers dudes.
Dom

10th Jan 04 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it might be alright, but it would be best to run the biggest cable you can mate Alot of people go by what the amp can take max, ie: if you amp can take 8gauge cable max, then run 4gauge from the battery. If your amp can take 4 gauge then run 2gauge from the battery.
But simple answer, yea i would run 4gauge from the battery mate
andy hirst

10th Jan 04 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit, i already got and 8g from the batt and it is nice and tidily tucked away, this is going to be a ballache to redo. At least i already go some 8g cable, and i suppose the 4g i bought today can go up to the fuse and then i can get some more to run from the fuse.
andy hirst

10th Jan 04 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how would i split the remote cable??
Dom

10th Jan 04 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

....shouldnt be that much of a ballache mate Once you've done it once, its becomes easier the next time...usually Im saving up my pennies for my system, but 2 gauge is gonna be coming from the battery, mainly as a future safety thing - IE: if i get a bigger system etc ive got the wiring in there to do it
hope you get it sorted mate
andy hirst

10th Jan 04 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its cold outside though, should be worth it though. this system aint big, my girlfriend is having the car in the summer, so the system is mainly for her and my practise for my next car. Im doing my door builds as well and rebuilding the boot install.
Dom

10th Jan 04 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the remote wire you can simply tap off from the other amp and it SHOULD work alright. Although people have had problems doing this with more than two amps, so alot of people usually say to get a relay put in, but yea should be fine mate to tap off the other
andy hirst

10th Jan 04 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, 2moro is going to be fun
Kris TD

10th Jan 04 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use 4 guage from the battery, then 8 guage to the amps.
andy hirst

10th Jan 04 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kris, how did you do your door builds, have you any in progress pics. Im in the process of building the frome out of mdf at the moment cheers
Kris TD

10th Jan 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only ones i have are here:

http://groups.msn.com/krispringle/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=63
Kris TD

10th Jan 04 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh make sure you mark out where the window winder moves and give yourself a few extra cm for fingers. do that first.
AdiSRI

10th Jan 04 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as people say 4 gauge from batt split to 2 x 8 gauge and yes for 2 amps just daisy chain the signal wire, if u r having 3 or more amps u will need a booster tho.
Dom

10th Jan 04 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdiSRI
as people say 4 gauge from batt split to 2 x 8 gauge and yes for 2 amps just daisy chain the signal wire, if u r having 3 or more amps u will need a booster tho.

booster?? i thought people just wacked a relay on the remote lead, then take a 12v supply into the relay then just go from each relay output?? If there are boosters, when can you buy these?

New Poll