corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP!!!!!! AMP N SUB TO HEAD UNIT WIRIN,

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP!!!!!! AMP N SUB TO HEAD UNIT WIRIN,
DAN220486

User status: Offline
25th Mar 04 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anyone help me, i jus got my sub n amp n want to install it in my corsa c SXi. thing is i cant find where to start. can sum1 give me a run down or step by step for this car. i.e how to run the wires and where?? especially the RCA down the middle of the car and also the amp power onto the battery. Please help need my system up and runnin n cant afford the audio shop to do it. plus i see a lot of star key bolts, guess this means i need a star key set.

Thanks Dan
danregs

25th Mar 04 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you only need one star bit mate which you can pick up from halfords or wherever for a few quid. i THINK its a T20??? dont take my word for that tho cos i cant remember. if ur really stuck i'll go outside to my car and see which size one it is.

run cables through the plastic boards down the sides of the car. power cables with the car loom (think thats left) and speaker cables down the empty side. minimises interference that way

anything else u wanna know mate.......?
DAN220486

25th Mar 04 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok rca left side, power cable right side? where can i earth the amp in the boot and how do i run the power supply cable for the amp into the engine bay to connect to the battery?
danregs

25th Mar 04 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok just been out and checked for ya mate.....

you need a T20 star bit socket

run the power cables down the passenger side
run the rca's and speaker cables down the drivers side
i drilled a small hole into the boot floor to make an earthing point
power cable for amp can be brought into car by....
1) drilling your own hole in the bulk head and running it through that with a grommet
2) feeding the power cable through the grommet for your rear washer hose (this is just behind the battery when your in the engine bay)

i did number 2 cos didnt wanna drill any holes on bulkhead

if you use your star socket to undo the glove box screws (two at top when you open it, and two at bottom with it closed) then you can feed ur wires up to the back of the head unit very easily. then replace the glovebox when ur done

that all u need dude?

[Edited on 25-03-2004 by danregs]
DAN220486

25th Mar 04 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh the info is all there, i will have a go. if i need anymore help will jus u2u ya? thanks for wot u have told. will let u know the outcome
danregs

25th Mar 04 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DAN220486
yeh the info is all there, i will have a go. if i need anymore help will jus u2u ya? thanks for wot u have told. will let u know the outcome

k no probs mate. yeh jus u2u me if ya need anythin

New Poll