corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Quickshift gear linkage

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quickshift gear linkage
flame

User status: Offline
24th Dec 03 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When fitting the quickshift gear linkage do you do it from the engine bay or from in the car? Could someone do a guide to fitting it plz as I cant really figure it out!!
essexracer

24th Dec 03 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a right c*nt to do!

you have to do it from the UNDER the engine bay

i tried doing it myself, but even with my car on the hightest setting on my axel stands it was far to awquard!

i had no choice but to take ity to a garage to do (my ex payed 60quid in labour to av it done!!! ) coz you can only do it from a pit or with the car high in the air.

it took 3.5 hours to do!

basically the gear linkaged is just held in by a pin, but its unbelievably hard to get to

and u will need a crow bar to level out the ball joints!

and once its done u will prob av to adjust the gear linkage positioner, coz after mine was fitted i couldnt get 1st or 2nd gear.

unless you have your own pit or hydraulick car lifter (so u can get proper access to under ur car!) then dont bother doing it urself! also try to get someone who has fitted one before.

its a lot of hassel, but its worth it specially wen it cost me less than 40 notes

james

[Edited on 24-12-2003 by essexracer]
flame

24th Dec 03 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers il just get sum1 to fit it!
essexracer

24th Dec 03 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and tell them to get their crow bar out

james

New Poll