corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Went out in 106 GTi with LAD motorsport conversion on last night...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Went out in 106 GTi with LAD motorsport conversion on last night...
mwg

User status: Offline
   23rd Jan 05 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate just bought it, 160bhp, bright yellow on 15" GTi-6 alloys, what a flying machine! Im ashamed to say it but I liked it Totally different to all the other saxos and 106s Ive ever been in, it was even nice inside with Leather and Alcantra trimmed seats and felt quite well built

Id buy one but worried about reliablility
Cant believe I just said that id buy a 106

Now I can see why a few people on here go on about them
CORSA NUT

23rd Jan 05 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't have another one
corsa5dr

24th Jan 05 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Felt quite well built

From what I have heard LAD are cowboys and their 160bhp conversions usually make a lot less, although I'm not sure what you get with the conversion.

Reliability is ok, mine gets taken to 7000rpm + every day and has had no issues
stuarty

24th Jan 05 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a love mine,only had it a few months but its a nice car to drive

only thing that concerns me is the problems you get with the alarm,the ticking relay and the leaking sunroof,all seem to be common faults with the gti. Not got the leaking sunroof one yet tho
Lynny

24th Jan 05 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuarty
a love mine,only had it a few months but its a nice car to drive

only thing that concerns me is the problems you get with the alarm,the ticking relay and the leaking sunroof,all seem to be common faults with the gti. Not got the leaking sunroof one yet tho

will be your clutch and gear box next, i know 4 106 gti owners and all have had a problem with clutch and gear box within few months of gettin it
Paul_J

24th Jan 05 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my clutch and gear box is a bit dodgy

I'm considering getting a quickshift? Do you any of you guys have problems going from 1st to 2nd gear? and any of you tried a quickshift?

Wanna get a power read out asap standard and then get ecosse ram induction kit, exhaust and decat...

Should be seeing about 135+ bhp with just that to be honest.
TNM

24th Jan 05 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LAD are well known for their bull shit figures!
Morley

24th Jan 05 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is a mate of mine's old car, I'll post up pro-pictures of it when i get home its a nice motor, very clean, well looked after too
Paul_J

24th Jan 05 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a guy on PGAC selling a port polished and flowed head (never been used) but estimates gains of 15-20 bhp and only wants £300... I'd be tempted but its effort to fit and I have other things I need to buy.
stuarty

24th Jan 05 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah am waiting on the gearbox going next,its alright the now but just doesnt feel right.

paul u might find ur pushin more than that,sum of the gtis are reading higher as standard than 120bhp,just gotta hope u got a good one
vibrio
Banned

24th Jan 05 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LAD

Morley

24th Jan 05 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm from morecambe and know several people with LAD tuned 106's... I think that a large majority of LAD's bad reputation is people like you lot "hearing" crap over the the internet airwaves that you feed from, grumble about something decent for a change and not about someones tuned car that you dont know and will probably never meet!
Paul_J

24th Jan 05 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 130 bhp standard ones were generally year 2000 only for some reason?

The way to tell whether it is or not, is to look for 2 grey prongs that stick out the front of the head where the exhaust manifold is... like in this pic

If you have this you'll have over 130 bhp standard... if not you'll be lucky to get about 125 standard...
TNM

24th Jan 05 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Morley
I'm from morecambe and know several people with LAD tuned 106's... I think that a large majority of LAD's bad reputation is people like you lot "hearing" crap over the the internet airwaves that you feed from, grumble about something decent for a change and not about someones tuned car that you dont know and will probably never meet!

Take your foot out of your mouth now and listen.

I had a saxo and i know quite a few people who had had dealings with LAD. their power claims where no where near what they could deliver. Not on just one persons car or two but at least 5 or 6 i can think of.

so STFU
Morley

24th Jan 05 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The mere fact that you had "friends" who had "dealings" with LAD makes me laugh ta the fact that you feel you have the right to go slagging them off. The people from round here (LAD's area) that i have been in and sometimes drive one of them, are tuned accordingly to what the figures that LAD produced.

I don't like being told to shut the fuck up...
TNM

24th Jan 05 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The mere fact that you had "friends" who had "dealings" with LAD makes me laugh ta the fact that you feel you have the right to go slagging them off. The people from round here (LAD's area) that i have been in and sometimes drive one of them, are tuned accordingly to what the figures that LAD produced.

Tooo late ive already told you to!

I chose not to have anything done by them after seeing the work they had done to other peoples cars!

This is the internet a source of information and a fountain of knowledge if people dont spread their knowledge then we will all be like pug nut and you!

So chillout and STFU.
Paul_J

24th Jan 05 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard someone asked LAD to do a conversion and when he got the car back there was just a hamster wheel where the engine was?
StuartVRS

24th Jan 05 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Well, you can shut the fuck up. Word of mouth is the best way to find out about shitty companies. The bloke you are slagging off has reason to say what he has said, so others can now make their own judgement on whether to use the company or not. Id rather hear about problems like this so i can spend my money somewhere with a bit of honesty about what figures they will get from modifications. Exact same reason that i wont use AMD for my audi and why i recommend avoiding them.
Morley

24th Jan 05 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TNM
...fountain of knowledge if people dont spread their knowledge then we will all be like pug nut and you!

problem is, I don't "spread my knowledge" over young boys like you appear to
Twiggy

24th Jan 05 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TNM
LAD are well known for their bull shit figures!

Yup! Sure are!!!!!
corsa_godfather

24th Jan 05 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got the sticky relay thing on my pug plus a leaky sunroof lol

on the other hand i gave DEAMMCREYNOLDS good run for his money in his 2 litre corsa
stuartmitchell

24th Jan 05 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
The 130 bhp standard ones were generally year 2000 only for some reason?

The way to tell whether it is or not, is to look for 2 grey prongs that stick out the front of the head where the exhaust manifold is... like in this pic

If you have this you'll have over 130 bhp standard... if not you'll be lucky to get about 125 standard...

confirmed what I already knew

there alright cars, if it wasnt built by the french it would have been a lot better
Skipz

24th Jan 05 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The mere fact that you had "friends" who had "dealings" with LAD makes me laugh ta the fact that you feel you have the right to go slagging them off. The people from round here (LAD's area) that i have been in and sometimes drive one of them, are tuned
accordingly to what the figures that LAD produced.

and how were these figures proven?? rolling road by anychace???

In that case take them with a pinch of salt Rolling roads can be a accurate as the US Army's Aim!! if a company wants to show 160bhp they will show you! all it takes is a slight dab on the brakes as the rollers start and it messes up the whole run..

Rolling Roads are not 100% accurate and give you a rough Guidance on Power out put....

Also everyone has there own Opinions on Companies so therefore they are quite entitled to feel this way about them!

[Edited on 24-01-2005 by h18_oab]
vibrio
Banned

24th Jan 05 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

can I ask what coming from morecambe mean
Andy

24th Jan 05 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To do with sheep I believe...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Went out in 106 GTi with LAD motorsport conversion on last night... 22 database queries in 0.1980040 seconds