corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.6 transplant into current 1.2

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.6 transplant into current 1.2
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 03 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right need advice, Ive come across a cheap GSI, thats been written off cause of a smashed up rear end,
nehow the engine, innards, and everything, brakes, suspension etc seem okay ( not had too good a look yet) with a genuine 60 k on the clock

I was looking for general advice on how to go about transferring the engine into mine - is it a straight swap, ie rip out the 1.2 - put in bin, transfer engine with its mounts gearbox, loom etc into mine and away we go ( obviously not that simply - but u get the gist)

My dad and Uncle were both motor bike mechanics and know their way round engine - so overhauling it shouldnt be a problem, and Ive got a mechanic who comes into my pub, whos transplanted engines into all sorts from landies to minis - as he races them etc.

is there ne advice or bits Im gonna have to buy other than the GSI itself
Dave

22nd Dec 03 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've heard it is a surprisingly big job,more work than putting a 2ltr in,which seems pretty strange. I'm sure someone will know more though.
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Dec 03 at 16:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just that for the price this car is - If I sold interior, front bumper, skirts and stripped a few other bits etc I can near enough make my money back - just wondered if it was worthwhile more than nething
broster
Premium Member

22nd Dec 03 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is worth it if you have the whole car!
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Dec 03 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah - thats what I was thinking - especially if I can flog as I said, bumper, skirts interior and other bits and make back nearly what I paid for it. Just need to know its gonna be woprthwhile

basically ne experience people have had - if its a bitch I wont bother
broster
Premium Member

22nd Dec 03 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah you shud be able to get a fair bit for the kit! if you can aford to buy it go for it!
BeArDy

22nd Dec 03 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DEFO get a Transponder key/chip with the engine or u will never get it going (Black ring around the ign barrel and the Chips in the key)
not that hard really
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Dec 03 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool cheers

so its not gonna be too difficult to do - my missus has a garage like a warehouse - cause the guy that owned the house b4 them sold imported rugs from china etc, needed a big garage to store them in - can easily fit 3/4 cars in - so bit of tidying uip and should be able to get on with it

New Poll