corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine over reving

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine over reving
jmdsouth

User status: Offline
   17th Dec 03 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi i got a 97 P corsa sport 1.4i 16v and the other day i noticed when i accelerate hard and the revs are high i then change to a higher gear and instead of the revs dropping down to a lower level due to the gear change the revs continue to increase untill i let go of the accelerator almost like something is sticking inside the engine its happens more in the lower gears by the way i dunno if this is a simple prob or not cuz i don't know anything much about engines etc i got a piper cross induction kit on it but i doubt that has much to do with does anybody know what the problem might be?
Siberia22

17th Dec 03 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

slipping clutch maybe?
miles

17th Dec 03 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the revs are staying the same, or rising when you put it in a higher gear something is slipping or not engaging properly. I would have thought a slipping clutch would become more apparent in other situations though.

New Poll