corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa Sport brake problems- diagnosis please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport brake problems- diagnosis please
DangerousDave16v

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 03 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been experiencing quite a worrying problem on my car for the last 3 mornings. when i reverse out of the yard in the morning the rear drums stick to the shoes.and their stuck so hard the whole back of the car rises up as if ive still got the handbrake on,so after about 20-30 secs of bouncing up and down like a low rider, they finally give way with a crunch/bang.
i rekon because of all the wet weather, they are rusty and are ceasing.although I remember when it was summer they rubbed slightly when I jacked up the rear wheel off the ground and turned it by hand .im sure all the grit and stuff on the roads arnt helpin either.
Could the shoes be done, and are worn to metal therefore sticking to the drum??

Any help appreciated
(It’s a ’99 sport)
Demo

2nd Dec 03 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my sport also has this problem but not as bad as yours sounds.
its got something to do with the rivets on the shoes rusting and sticking to the inside of the drum like you say. if you pull the drum off you can see the little rust spots inside. dont think its cos the shoes are worn but if you change them for shoes that are bonded together and not riveted together, then it should cure it
Daimo B

2nd Dec 03 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take the rear drum covers off and clean out all the dust thats inside first.

New Poll