corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fitting Speedline Allessios- Bit of a mission!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting Speedline Allessios- Bit of a mission!
stubbsy05

User status: Offline
   25th Jan 04 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had my new tryes fitted to my refurbished speedlines yesterday. Then we fitted the wheels to my Corsa Sport.

Firstly we fitted the rear wheels on. On fine as they are et49! Anyways we had to take off the grease cap cover in order for the centre caps to fit properly, as it stuck out too far! This isn't really a good thing too do!

The we fitted the fronts. On fine but the centre caps wouldn't fit either, even with the grase cap cover removed! Then I took the car for a spin and there was a rubbing sound. Part of the brake is rubbing on the inside of the speedline drivers side!
The guy at the wheel and tyre place said that a 3-5mm spacer each side will sort both problems with the fronts. Spoke to my dad and basically the cars gonna handle all over the place.
He and the other two mechanics at his garage used to work at Courtenay Sport, and they fitted hundereds of these wheels, they used to come in by the lorry load. Basically the backs need to be covered in grease to compensate the cap to being there. The the front needs the brake grinding down slightly, as well as the bit sticking out so far!

I never had trouble like this with my wolfrace ur's on my Nova and Corsa!
The speedlines do look sweet though!! Juist thought that for a £700 wheels et49 would have gone on no problems!
wezjax

25th Jan 04 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i had my old alessios i had to remove grase cap and put spacers up front.
wainey

25th Jan 04 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never had to take off the grease caps on mine when i hadf them on, nor my mates, just put spacers front and rear to allow the clearance for the centre caps to fit! and my corsa handled really well!
dannycorsa c

25th Jan 04 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this happen when i put my speedlines i pu the back 1s on the when iput the front on they rubbed on the calipers then i noticed that the rer wheels were they met up with the hub had a slanted edge and the fronts had a more square edge so swpped em round and they were fine!!

[Edited on 25-01-2004 by dannycorsa c]
luca2020

25th Jan 04 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spacers wont ruin handleing, it will just aler the offset slightly, a 3mm spacer will knock it down to et46 and 5mm to et44
mav

25th Jan 04 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i had my alessios all I had to do was remove grease caps..thats it.
dannycorsa c

25th Jan 04 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a lil diagram to show what i mean!
Chris Bingham

25th Jan 04 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had ET40 and it was fine so don't worry
ainsley_brader

25th Jan 04 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had my grease caps off for over 2 years now, never regreased them and had no problems with the bearings. The 2.0 ATE callipers did rub on the front but then i realised it was only the anti rattle springs so i just got rid of them.
stubbsy05

25th Jan 04 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lads

It's only rubbing on one side at the front, so i'll swap the front with the rear.
Dav

25th Jan 04 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Speedlines are the same.
Took grease covers off the front but still needs 3mm spacers.
Didn't want to take the grease covers off the rear as I was advised it was a bad idea, so I have 5mm spacers on there.
The car handles fine and doesn't scrub the brakes or the arch lowered 60mm.
Dav

25th Jan 04 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannycorsa c
i had this happen when i put my speedlines i pu the back 1s on the when iput the front on they rubbed on the calipers then i noticed that the rer wheels were they met up with the hub had a slanted edge and the fronts had a more square edge so swpped em round and they were fine!!

[Edited on 25-01-2004 by dannycorsa c]
I've never noticed this before, I'll have to investigate it tomorrow.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fitting Speedline Allessios- Bit of a mission! 22 database queries in 0.0102251 seconds