corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Questions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Questions
Jatinder

User status: Offline
   29th May 03 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rite hopefully in the summer im going to get a corsa sport

Wot i was wondering how many on here are 21 and if you have a corsa sport how much is your insurance, I know theres the 1.4 and the 1.6, which is the better one to go for, also if you have air con in the corsa is it worth paying out for or shall i just stick to the sunroof. And one more thing are there any problems i should look out for when buying one of these models?

3CorsaMeal

29th May 03 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am 21, and have a 1.4 corsa sport, no ac.
I can live without in this country, like to have windows open and fresh air anyway..
Insurance for me is £1040, 1yrs NCB fully comp.
Performance in the 1.4 is nippy.......if u can call it performance
nah, they good little cars for what u pay.
Problems i know of to look for:

-Central locking - can get sticky and break, not too expensive to fix, cost me £5
- CAT converters r quite prone to going
- cracking b-pillar
-headgaskets - ask about previous repair history

can't think of many more at mo....
Jatinder

29th May 03 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

crackin B pillar, how does this happen can i get it repaired free from vaux, as it would be a manufacting fault,
Jatinder

29th May 03 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Greasemonkey

29th May 03 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a common problem, i got it on my GSI its stress fractures, my cars an M reg so too old to get repaird now, not a mojor problem
Greasemonkey

29th May 03 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By the way i am 20 with a GSI, 21 next month so hopfully cheaper insurance.
I pay £1100 third part fire and theft with performance direct, thats with modifications, 17's lowered exhaust etc
Fear

29th May 03 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a 1.4 16v Sport and im well happy with it in fact its my second, if you can definatly get the post 1997 models cuz they are alot nice inside than pre ones(from what i have seen anyway). The performance is ok its not brilliant but its enough to keep your license clean!!!!!

Not had any problems with either of mine!!!!!
Jatinder

30th May 03 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys, ive heard problems with the cambelts and tensioners breaking is this on all engines?
Cybermonkey

30th May 03 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as the cambelt is replaced when its due, you should not have a problem. Every 30-40k miles it should be changed. IF you have a fairly old Sport when you buy it, make sure you change it just to be safe! I have the 1.6 16v Sport and its a cracking car. Good engine, strong performance and good looks IMO.

Dave
Jatinder

30th May 03 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers dave i cant wait to get one now, I want the 1.6 but if the insurance is too expensive, ill get a 1.4 instead, either way it gonna be silver mmmmmmmm, is it worth getting air con on these?

New Poll