corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » buying a second hand corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author buying a second hand corsa
wassup2002

User status: Offline
20th May 03 at 06:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going to go for a 1.4 SRi now for definite. what things do i have to look out for when buying? im looking at L - N reg models ive seen so far. found a real nice m reg one of ebay in black but it had done 86k. whats average mileage on a car of this sort of age?

oh and has anyone got any pics of a corsa, with a combat 2 wide arch body kit on , lowered 40mm? just wondering if that will work okay or will it scrub like ive heard a few times on here? also how much does it cost to get a body kti fitted and painted?

questions questions questions
digitalbanana

20th May 03 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont go for the combat kit...be a bit different...try the new r a design one or somethink...just loads have the combat kit and feels a bit old and dated.
wassup2002

20th May 03 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey bud. cheers for that. i quite like the corsa fury kit on abstyling. oh well ill see when the time comes.

got to start that frigging moped

laters
mike_southside

20th May 03 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

about buying a second hand corsa

firstly your be very lucky to find a low millage sri, really dont buy one over 100k because the problems will start to come up, oil lecks etc.
try and get one around 50 to 60 k if u can. try and buy it of some old person because it would not have been raged to fu*k, but u never no.
make sure there is hardly and rust around the car, esp around the door seals and the inside of the archs.

when u are test driving it make sure u rag all the gears to make sure there is not nasty nosies coming out. also check the gear do not slip out.

if u can buy it privity because car garages will rip u off, never expect the the starting price, always have a bargin.

check for service history, make sure its a full service history, just ask as many questions about the history of the car, find out if its been in any crashs etc.

hope that helped, if u need any more help i will ask my dad he is a car dealer.

laters
wassup2002

20th May 03 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks a lot mate.

anywhere online i can look other than:

ebay
autotrader
autocartel

???
M4tt

20th May 03 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought a 95 corsa sri with the 16v lump in it ( whichn was a nice surprise) with 74000 on the clock.

it had network Q stickers all over it and documentation, a full vauxhall service history, lady owner from 29000 miles and still on original clutch i thought greaat and bout it for 1800 notes.

i've had it for 8 months now and done 11K on it and had no problems at all.

i've had an MOT on it and it has lower emissions than last year, which i thought was a little strange since it now has induction and exhaust :?

things to look out for though are the b-pillars, check fro cracks.

check the clutch

check tyre wear

check spare wheel well for dents (rear enders, mine has one, not a big prob, but a bargaining point )

check condioting of paintwork - fading, different colours (mine had a hit on the front wing)

knocks on sterring

fag burns, rips on interior, its fairly tough i think

check under the oil cap - if there is a white maynoase like substance there, it could and most probably ahs blown its head gasket -knock some serious money off or walk away!

check water in coolent bottle - if there is none or id its oily, then the head gasket has blown!

oil and it level!

that's about it i think!

86K on an m-reg is quite alot, but it's near average.

depends how the car has done the miles, mine was mostly motorway miles so its ok, but if its 86 K of stop start driving it could be nearly dead.

hope this helps m8

wassup2002

20th May 03 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im real annoyed, i was outbid for that corsa i wanted. i bid 1750 and some woman bid 2235. i wernt gonna go no higher than 2 grand cus of the mileagelike.

theres a real sweet GSi lookalike SRi 1.4 on autotrader and a k reg one ( i thought the oldest was L ref) and that k reg had done 53k. anyhow ill keep looking.

is it easy to fit lowering spring?

cheers

(im full of questions)

New Poll