corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fuse Keeps Blowing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuse Keeps Blowing
corsa_boi

User status: Offline
11th Dec 05 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im having trouble with my window wiper fuse, when ever i put a new one in it keeps blowing. its ok when i put ignition on but when i start the car it blows,when ignition is on the wipers work fine but its just as soon as i start car, anyone have any ideas, cheers. Jon
RKS

11th Dec 05 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you putting the correct ampage fuse in?
corsa_boi

11th Dec 05 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate,30amp fuse as it says in the book. i dont know much about electrics so im not sure what could be causing this, any ideas. Jon
corsaggh

12th Dec 05 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were they working before?
Have you done anything to the electrics?
eg new headunit, alarm???
corsa_boi

16th Dec 05 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was fine before, and havn't done anything to the electrics. no new headunit or alarm. i fitted a boost valve which had a light so got 12v from a wire off the headunit, but this wouldn't make the wiper fuse keep going would it?? not to good at electrics any other suggestions, cheers. Jon
RKS

16th Dec 05 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you've fitted a boost valve? you mean boost gauge? anyway try disconnecting it and see what the wipers do, shouldnt effect it but give it a try
corsa_boi

17th Dec 05 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh thats the one, ive read a thread and read that the wiper motor could cause the fuse to blow if its gone. i really dont think the boost gauge wiring would cause it, i would have thought more likey to be wiper motor.
corsaggh

19th Dec 05 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only reason why i asked about electrics, cus sometimes you get people who do shoddy jobs and you get things shorting out cus a wires been pulled,etc.

corsa_boi

2nd Jan 06 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i removed the wire from the back of the headunit for the boost gauge,but made no difference, put new fuse in and blew as soon as i put ignition on. but few days later i put another new fuse in and put igntion on and it never blew so thought ok,,so started car up and wipers were working fine,later that day went out in the car and wipers still working fine, then heard like a click,headunit went off and i think the centre console did aswell not to sure tho,was only off for a split second then came back on,but then wipers didnt work after that, i herd the fuse blow while headunit went off. is it just a dodgy wire somewhere,any ideas, need help asap, cheers. Jon
corsa_boi

4th Jan 06 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

up

New Poll