corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » subs r abit umm in-off

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author subs r abit umm in-off
CopyWrite

User status: Offline
14th May 05 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the subs will go louder at a certain rev, such as 2000 rpm, n then off agen.
y is this?
i think theres a power problem but im not sure how this is happenin cos its only 1 amp thats 2x30amp fuses.
Jake

16th May 05 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where's your earth?
Martin

16th May 05 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how does this matter where its earthed?

i hear a few people have this but i dont know why it matters, so long as its a good earth?
RKS

16th May 05 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think he meant is it a good earth
Martin

16th May 05 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah rite.

whoops

corsaggh

16th May 05 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, im not an expert. but i will tell you what i know. Assuming all your stereo equipment is fine it must be you r alternator.

as you are probably aware an amp will produce more power at 14.4 volts which is what the alternator puts out than at 12.6 volts which is what the average battery puts out. Now it sounds like you got a nice amp (60 amp fuse on it). At a guess your amp may be putting out another 150-250RMS at 14.4 volts , so will sound louder.

Now ive been told by a bloke that supplys alternators that it dosent kick in (produce current) until about 1500RPM. If this is the case you now know why the subs go louder at certain revs.
However i think hes wrong because my voltage displays show 11-13 volts with the engine off and 14.4 volts with the engine running at idle. This must mean the alternator is putting out some current.
Can any body correct or agree with me?

Its also worth knowing that your alternator will put out more current at higher rpm.
ie a 100amp alternator puts out 100amps when engine is at maximum RPM.

Im guessing your amps about 500wattRMS and the amp gunna need some power to produce it.

First i would recomend doing the big 3 cables under your bonet. Even if this dosent solve your problem its still a worth while and cheap upgrade to do to any car with extra gear on it.

2nd upgrade your alternator. If your car has a 55amp alternator defo upgrade to a 70amp. Get em off ebay for a tenner. If you got a 70 amp u could upgrade to 100amp, but this will cost more. (£70)off ebay.

Hope this helps
neiliosxi

17th May 05 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like an alternator problem to me, park up against a wall in the dark, put main beam on and rev your engine and see if the lights get brighter, with stereo off!

New Poll