corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Advice on components

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice on components
mwg

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 04 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thinking of this set up for my front speakers

Alpine MRV-T320 Amp:
http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+cPath+3_93+products_id+380

Alpine SPR-176A Components:
http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+cPath+60_61_109+products_id+519

Im gonna have 2 x 10" Alpine Type-R subs powered by 2 x Alpine MRD-M300 amps and Im hoping that the above speaker set up wont be drowned out by the the subs. Wot do u ICE guys reckon? Will I need a more powerful set up or will that sound good
Dom

2nd Nov 04 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks alright mate, but i would hunt for another amp to push out abit more for the comps, plus it will give you abit more head room to turn the gains down and reduce distortion at high volumes

Yea, overall it looks alright and will offer pretty good sound but may i also suggest that you get a single decent amp for your subs - might work out abit cheaper and you will get better power for your buck
mwg

2nd Nov 04 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive allready got one MRD-M300 amp running one of the subs and got the other sub sat in my room. been told cos they are the 4 ohm versions that it will be difficult getting an amp that will power both of them
Id quite like to keep it all Alpine if possible so do u reckon that the next amp up in the range will do the job of powering the components? cant remember the model number
Dom

2nd Nov 04 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_boy69
Ive allready got one MRD-M300 amp running one of the subs and got the other sub sat in my room. been told cos they are the 4 ohm versions that it will be difficult getting an amp that will power both of them
Id quite like to keep it all Alpine if possible so do u reckon that the next amp up in the range will do the job of powering the components? cant remember the model number

arr right ok yea stick with your setup then, just get the next model amp for the comps and turn the gain down a tad
mwg

2nd Nov 04 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate
AdiSRI

2nd Nov 04 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id change the components for something better if it was me.

I ws having a chat with some ICE bods today and alpine Type-R components cropped up, and were shot to pieces by most in the group...

Even getting focal access comps for similar money will sound a LOT better, the alpine R's are bassy but the treble is VERY harsh and not anywhere near as good as focals sound IMO.

Do go for the bigger amp aswell, but from my experience with alpine amps (i had a MRV-F450 the big 4 channel) powering my focals again the sound wasnt great.

I changed to an audison amp and even keeping the same speakers the difference was amazing, so much nicer clearer and loudre now, so if you HAVE to get alpine then do ,but if you can bring yourself to get something else...

Although if u really do want alpine, the Type-X components arent bad at all....
mwg

3rd Nov 04 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye but Ive seen how much those Type-X components cost! Is there a set of Focals for similar money cos the Focal speakers Ive seen cost about £300! Id like to have Focals if they dont cost much more than the Type-Rs cos I always hear good things about Focal
AdiSRI

3rd Nov 04 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get Focal Access comps for £150 odd, or better if you can afford it polyglass comps for aroud £220

here is the place with the cheapest prices...

Access - £132.99

http://www.raysmith.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=3_6_13&products_id=16

Polyglass - £209.99

http://www.raysmith.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=3_6_13&products_id=23

KF - What i have and recomend - £251.99

http://www.raysmith.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=3_6_13&products_id=21

Any of the above would be better than the alpines imo.
mwg

3rd Nov 04 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks Adi
AdiSRI

3rd Nov 04 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

np good luck with whichever you choose

New Poll