corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » mono amp powering TWO subs?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mono amp powering TWO subs?
Martin

User status: Offline
5th Jan 05 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wat happens if u do this. Some one at work today said its fine no worries. n i said, na, for one sub only, 2 will be poo.

Just wondered if u had 1000rms mono amp powering two 2 dual voive coil subs, would it be just a matter off time before pop, or would they run nicely at 400rsm ish...?

hopefully this'll settle the debate

holla
Dom

5th Jan 05 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can have as many subs as you wish running off a monoblock, aslong as the impedance of the wired subs follows the guidelines of that specific mono block All you need to make sure, is that the wired subs added RMS wattage is about 100wRMS below that of the mono block, and that you can create a load that would be best suitable for your setup etc

tbh mate, it sounds like you need to do abit of reading on ICE and the electrical side of things - theres a few links in the stickys in this ICE section, go have a butchers asap !
Martin

6th Jan 05 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol. yeah i know i need to learn stuff. But i got the mono thing wrong, i typed it out wrong way round. i know you can have two subs running off a mono amp as that is exactly wat im doing atm. got an RF X6 amp, poewring two vibe 10" subs.

but yeah, i no nothing

New Poll