corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Which JL amp for my subs?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Which JL amp for my subs?
Tom N

User status: Offline
7th Jun 04 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

i am gradually upgrading my system for a bit more sound quality and bass and i have two pioneer subs that have an rms of 400w. i currently have a pyle 1000w amp powering them both, but now i want a jl amp for them.
which would be the best to power them?
jl 300/2
or
jl 500/1
^^^^^
the 500/1 confuses me, as people seem to run two subs off them when it is only a mono block amp? can somebody explain?

thanks
tom
corsamad_87

7th Jun 04 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not go for a kenwood amp, i am gettin tha same subs and gonna run em off a 800watt kennie amp, cos i hear they are v.good for tha price!!
T5POL

7th Jun 04 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With the 500.1, what i would do is connect both the subs to 1 of the terminals inside the box, make sure u keep polarity the same, then connect that terminal to the amp, you only got 1 run of speaker wire outside then, it is alot easier to keep neater.

There is prob someone who is running 2 subs with a monoblock that could confirm this.
Trotty

7th Jun 04 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a 500/1 and 2 JL W3's running off it.

Depends on the ohmage of the subs really as to how you wire it up.
Tom N

7th Jun 04 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have just decided 2day to buy two audiobahn 12s and they are dual voice coil with an impedance of 2-8 ohms if this helps. the guy at the shop told me that i could get a monoblock but i would have to wire the subs a certain way. i was baffled by this and i even had to get him to draw a diagram and i have forgotten now!

i now have discover another option of an amp which is the kicker 500.1 which is a monoblock with 500w (same as jl i think)

any more help would be good and very useful!

thanks
tom

New Poll